chappie 3: Meet Nathan, my brother

So here is chappie 3... I'm so excited as the number of reads in my story is increasing slowly...but I still have a complaint though... why aren't you commenting after reading.... Please please please comment... whatever you feel about the story please lemme know...

Chappie 3: Meet Nathan, my brother.

Elena

I took a long look at myself in the mirror. I had dark hair which ended in light brown curls below the shoulder. I was gifted with a clear skin with brown eyes. Both of which I've inherited from my mother. I wasn't all curvy but just had them in the correct places. Yet I didn't consider myself beautiful, just attractive.

Yeah! I'm too modest to admit that I'm gorgeous so I leave it up to you to decide how beautiful I was.

A few years back I had discovered that make-up isn't that all bad. So I tried it on me and was shocked by the result. I realised that doing a little make-up not only highlights my features but also lifts up my spirit and gives me ogles of confidence. So, it had been my daily routine to apply lip gloss and mascara besides lining my lower eye with black kohl. It made my eyes stand out and added a little mischief to it I feel.

Secret no. 1: You'll catch me dead but without lip gloss and kohl. I mean really, I can survive without food for longer than I can ever survive without my basic make-up.

You must be thinking what party I was getting ready for. Well it wasn't exactly a party. This was organised by Chloe, Jessica's sister (not to mention that she was the maid of honour too...ooooohhh).

So basically this gathering was thrown so that the friends of the bride and groom could get to know each other well. Come on, we were supposed to work together the next few weeks until the wedding so I think it was a good idea Chloe came up with.

I was wearing a dark denim and a purple shirt with lacy flowers stitched at the borders. I was Ready for the party and was waiting for my brother (read jerk) Nathan. He was supposed to drive me to John's place since my princess, I mean my car, was in the garage. Nathan was two years older than me and likes to stay in his world most of the time. He doesn't interfere in my life and so I don't bother in his. Though sometimes I wish I knew my brother better.

I called him up for the eighth time in ten minutes---- yeah I know I'm a little impatient too. But hey! I blame it on my genes. My mom would check the oven thousand times when she'll be baking and my dad couldn't wait for the lift so he would walk up the stairs to his office, which by the way is on the seventh floor.

"How many times do I need to tell you that I'm COMING??" Nathan yelled from the other end of the phone. The voice almost deafening me.

"You're saying this from the past ten minutes and till now you haven't reached, bro." I argued back.

"I know sis. I'm on my way" he replied slowly.

"I don't care. Come fast. I don't wanna be late to the party" I said irritated.

"Sugar, you're always late anyways. And in case you're forgetting, let me remind you that I'm actually doing you a favour so just shut up and wait for me" he replied cooly.

"Whatever... Be quick or else......" I warned.

"You still don't have any other option than to wait for me honey", he said sweetly.

"Arrrggghhhhhh....." I shouted and disconnected the call in frustration.

Secret no. 2: I disconnect the call in such situations not only because I get angry; Also because I become speechless as to what to say and win the argument.