chappie 8: A day with the Devil; part 1

Chappie 8: A Day with the Devil - part 1

I glared at Luke and believe me I had a very good reason to do so. I was awaiting his view about the dress I now wore to know if it was proper as a bridesmaid dress.

Now you might think, Elena is over-reacting, Luke is simply trying to help her.

Well, what would you say when I told you that this was the fifteenth dress I had to wear and model in front of him? That's right, I was standing in front of him wearing my fifteenth outfit of the day. Luke "helped" me choose or rather not choose the bridesmaid dress. Whatever dress I wore, no matter how pretty it was, but Luke's keen eyes always found some or the other flaw in it.

I started tapping my feet on the ground as I saw him smirking at me. He was clearly enjoying this.

"Nah! I think this is the worst of all. Don't you think?" he said scrunching his nose.

My head snapped towards the mirror to examine the dress. It was no doubt the sweetest one. It was an off shoulder dress with small flowers stitched from the left side to the down right end. The baby pink colour would look good on anyone. And the light pink net of the bottom was just adding to the beauty of it. It was smart yet elegant. This was the perfect bridesmaid dress according to me.

I turned to Luke who was looking at me with an unfathomable expression on his face.

"Are you serious? This one is the best of all" I snapped.

"We haven't checked all yet, El. Now go on, wear some other dresses, babydoll" he said and dismissed me with the movement of his hands.

Babydoll! ?? It sounds so good to hear it from his mouth... Wait, El... Is it really you who is thinking this?

I shook my head to clear away the disgusted feeling. Let him have his way, but I'm going to get this one as the bridesmaid dresses. I'll wear one more dress and then he can go to where he came from-HELL!!

I took the first dress my hands reached from the rack and headed for the trial room; without even glancing it a look.

Bad idea. Rule 77: Always check the dress you'll be trying and displaying to others.

I bit my lips nervously as I looked at my reflection in the changing room mirror.

The dress was a sleeveless V-necked one with stones embedded along the neck. Just that the end of the V-neck was a little too deep revealing the white clear skin of my cleavage. The back of the dress was no better and its V-neck reached just above my hips, leaving most of my back exposed. The royal blue colour of the dress contrasted strikingly over my skin.

Overall, I looked ravishing and sexy!! It would have been much better if it would have been Eddy on the other side of the door who'd be seeing me like this. Except that it was my sworn enemy, Luke, who'd be watching me in this revealing dress. AArrrggghhh!!

"Did you die in there? Helloooo....." Luke semi-yelled from outside.

I rolled my eyes at his attempt to joke.

Why can't people realise that not everyone can be Elena White in the field of humour? Duh!

I was not sure if I should go out in front of him in this dress. It was so revealing and I was not comfortable wearing it in front of Luke.

" Helloooo... sleeping Beau...errr... not so beauty?" he spoke again.

This guy just flares me up with rage. I just wanted this day to be over with as quickly as possible.

"Did you have an epileptic attack? Should we call the ambulance?" he said.

That's it! I'm going out and kill him with my bare hands.