Chappie 7: Playing Cupid has its Price

I felt small kisses trailing along my neck. I whimpered at the touch but knew if I reacted too much then Eddy would become embarrassed and stop. I kept quiet.

"I love you so much El. I don't deserve such a wonderful girl" I heard him say sweetly.

I couldn't resist the smile and peered open my eyes slowly to see Edward's horror-struck face.

"You were awake the whole time?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"I don't know how long you've been loving me but I just got up on time to hear some beautiful words" I get up smirking.

I had caught him red-handed this time.

He scurried away from me quickly and ran his fingers through his hair. I pulled myself closer to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. He looked away from me.

I bet he was blushing...

"Come on, I'm your girlfriend Eddy. Its what couples do normally. Do you feel ashamed of loving me?" I said trying to sound hurt.

I was acting... I'm Nathan's sister... I had to be a little drama queen of my own..

"You looked so peaceful and innocent like a child. I couldn't help myself when I got up" he said trying not to blush.

"I know. I'm irresistible in sleep too" I joked.

"I just made sure you know that you are no exception and I'm irresistible to you too" the deep husky voice echoed in my head.

"El?" Edward's questioning face brought me back to planet Earth.

"Yeah! Sorry. I zoned off." I said masking my uneasiness.

He clamps his palm over my forehead as if to check my temperature.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Exhausted maybe" I replied

"Exhausted? Sure?" he said amused.

All right I know that all I've been doing is sleeping from last night, waking up only to have breakfast. But hey its Sunday. And we all can help ourselves on Sunday. Isn't it?

"Exhausted because of.... Oversleeping" I said trying to find a perfect word to fit in the context.

He simply laughed another one of his infectious laughter that soon even I was sitting there laughing at myself like an idiot..

He slowly caressed my cheeks and leaned down to kiss me. Kissing me from my head to chin he stopped briefly before kissing me on the lips, I closed my eyes. As the kiss became more passionate, I pulled him closer entangling my fingers in his hair. Oh I loved his hair!!!

His hand slipped inside my tee and rested on my belly. I arched forwards with the electric pulling and need to be loved more. As soon as it started getting heated up, Edward pushed me back holding my shoulders and breaking the kiss. The most romantic kiss.

He pulled back a little and I didn't say anything. Who knows it may scare him off?

"By the way, while you were sleeping, John called up twice, Jessica as well as someone called Chloe called too. Another text came but I couldn't understand it" he said trying to change the romantic ambience.

You must be thinking how rude he was to check my phone while I was sleeping, right? Well, when I sleep, I sell the whole world behind my back. Even if there was an earthquake nearby or an incoming tornado or something, I wouldn't give a damn to pick my phone.