chappie 4: making new friends and an Enemy

I want to thank @AmySebastian for the beautiful side cover...It was really sweet of her to take out some precious time of hers and make this one aling with a few others.. you are awesome!! Thanx...

Chappie 4: Making new friends and an Enemy.

Elena

We arrived fifteen minutes late for the party. I insisted Nathan to come along inside with me. It would be fun watching him around Chloe. Also I would see if this girl was really worth my brother and damn how did she manage to tie a collar around my brother's neck.

I must learn from her how to control a guy's heart this way.

He hesitated at first but I'm sure he must have wanted to meet Chloe so he came along.

The party wasn't exactly a party as expected. There were only a handful of close friends invited. The music was playing in the background. I stepped inside the drawing room and saw John and Jessica dancing to "There's this girl". They were surrounded by a few people who were hooting and cheering for the couple.

I went around the corner to face John and let him know I had arrived. The romantic couple were too engrossed in each other and didn't even bother to give me a glance.

Wait! I remember something---- they never acknowledged my presence when together.

The other people gathered gave us smiles and nodded at us.

A blond girl with a cute face got up and was coming towards us.

"Hope you know that's Chloe," Nathan whispered to me.

Of course, I knew she was Chloe. She had the same features like her sister. She was wearing a white dress which ended just above the knee. She was elegant.

She had a warm smile on her face as she reached us.

At least she has style and manners.

"Hi" she said overlooking me and talking directly to Nathan.

Okay, so strike out the manners part.

"Hey Chloe. How are you doing?" Nathan said with a cheeky grin.

I mentally made a note to slap him later for this.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just little nervous about the responsibilities of the wedding" she replied.

Helloooooo I exist too... Guess I've become invisible for all the lovey-dovey couples out here. I'll teach them a lesson once my Edward returns from his grandparents' home.

"Oh... You must be Elena, right?" she asked me.

Finally I get noticed.

"Yup" I quipped.

"Oh, it's so great to meet you finally. I've heard so much about you from Jessica!" she said chirpily.

"Then I doubt you've heard anything good" I replied and smiled.

She looked at me confused.

"Why? She said you've been a wonderful friend to John and that you helped them sort out some misunderstanding few days ago" she said.

She said that to her sister. Wow.

"That's nothing. She was obviously exaggerating Chloe" I replied curtly.

She looked at me. Then she looked at Nathan. There was an awkward silence.

"So, you and Nathan are together I guess" she finally broke the silence.

"Yeah we stay together..... Wait! What do you exactly mean by "together'?" I asked frightened of what next I could hear.

"As in... you know...couple?" she replied