Chappie 5: Meal For Meal

Okay, so I learnt a good lesson from @mamie_1990 that I should be patient with my stories and the number of reads as well as votes. So, I will go on with the story since I love writing it. And seriously I've become so obsessed with it that I have written this chappie in flight while returning home... let's see whether you like it or not... *fingers crossed*

**************************************************************************

And here it is... presenting to you... (For those who read it)

Chappie 5: Meal for Meal

"Take a chill El," John said to me.

"Of course John, I will take a chill. Only if you stuff a few ice cubes inside my dress" I said irritated.

We were sitting together in his kitchen. I'd dragged him there when I came downstairs fuming after my small encounter with Luke.

"When did you last talk to Edward?" John asked me.

I looked at him and saw him looking straight at me with a serious expression.

"It's not about Edward here, John. Hell, how does he come into the picture here?" I replied getting more agitated.

It was true I was missing Edward too much as we hardly spoke since he went. And being around couples without Edward clearly did not help. Their romances were getting on my nerves. Its just great how John understood this even though he hasn't hung around with me much.

Oh yes! The wounds are still fresh. Anybody remember how he has been ignoring my presence?

I remember because -------- it's ME he has been ignoring.

And now with a demon called Luke lurking around and getting under my skin it was getting unbearable for me without Edward.

"I really hate that guy" I said frowning.

John gave me a confused look.

"Luke" I shrug.

"How can you hate him when you have only met for about ten minutes?" he asked amused.

"Jonny, are you suffering from amnesia?" I asked sweetly.

"No, why?" he asked.

His eyes narrowed at me and by the look I could say that he doesn't have a clue that I'm being sarcastic.

"Then why do I have to repeat what just happened a few minutes ago?" I asked mockingly.

"Oh. Please El, let go of things now"

"Heaven forbids if I have to see that sight again..." I trail off.

John gives a small laugh and says, "That" then he pauses and points a finger at me.

"You won't be seeing anytime soon" he concludes.

"What? I mean, why?" I asked. Not sure what was it that I really wanted to know.

"Because Amber is already engaged to someone else I heard. And he'll be joining us soon for the wedding" john replied.

"Are-You-Serious?" I almost screamed, shock layered in each of my words.

I looked at john. He had the same "I-can't-believe-it" look.

"Yeah! Tough to believe, I know. But Jessica told me herself"

I thought the affair between Luke and Amber was just another one of the love brewing in the wedding. But I guess I am too naïve and innocent. This world is full of shrewd people. I mean, Amber was cheating on her boyfriend undoubtedly. Accepted.