Chappie 2: Meeting the bride in the most unconventional way

"Baby, please, it's not how it looks like", John said, fear clear in his eyes.

"Yeah! We are just friends, Jessica", I added.

"And you've got to believe me honey", John said in a pleading tone.

Wow...this girl must mean something to him, I thought.

He went up to her and tried to hold her hand. She jerked it away and moved back.

"Don't you dare honey me, now" She pushed his back and turned away.

Jessica went to the table and picked up the vase. In the blink of the eye, the vase was shattered into pieces on the ground.

Then she went on a breaking spree. I felt bad for the vases and plates and showpieces which had seen the wrath of a really upset girlfriend.

John went over to her still pleading her to stop acting like this. She continued shouting and cursing him.

I tried to distract myself and looked around the house thinking of what excuse John will give his mother for this mess.

"Mom, there was a burglar attack who only broke stuffs rather than stealing it"

" Mom, the foundations of this house is really weak, see what happened after a huge truck passed by the street"

"Mom, there was an over acting and melodramatic girl who broke the house down...and ummmm.... That girl happens to be your future daughter-in-law."

I chuckled at the last thought.

"Just get out!!!"

I looked straight to a dangerously angry Jessica and gulped.

"Excuse me?, I asked.

"Yes you, don't you have any self-respect, slut", Jess spat with hatred.

I felt so insulted and thought of ripping the crazy girls' head off. My fingers curled into a fist and I was about to curse her back when I saw John beside her.

He looked.....angry? He hardly gets angry.

I bit my lips and quickly turned. I started walking when someone grabbed my hand from behind.

"You're not going anywhere El." it was a statement that John said.

Turning to Jessica, he said, "It's enough Jess, you can't.... No...you won't insult my best friend this way"

"Oh! Forgive me for asking but what kind of best friends are you both?" she asked waving a finger between me and John.

"Because from what I saw a little while ago.... It seems to me you guys are friends with benefits", her voice was raised now.

"First of all calm down Jess", John said taking a deep breath and calming himself down at the same time.

"Oh! Don't get me started with this John" she started.

"Everyone told me that something was going on between you guys and I shouldn't intervene. But like the idiot I am, I loved you so blindly that I couldn't see how you were cheating on me", she finished.

She looked hurt.

It was a serious accusation and we were fed up with all these. I knew John too well to know he would flip in a few seconds.

"Since you have so much trouble trusting me and my commitment towards our relationship, I guess we should re-consider the whole marriage idea", John said, his voice was cold.

.... And the winner for knowing 'how your friend will react'...goes to...Elena White...

I suppressed my urge to laugh at such a serious situation and looked at John. His face was serious but his eyes held sadness. Then I saw Jessica. She was mere inches from breaking down in tears.