Outta Here

While relief was the best thing I could of hopped for, I think Harry was disappointed. We didn't really talk about it after that night though, and I don't know of it was more him or me. Either way, we both had our own reasons and I wasn't about to question it. It's been around three and a half weeks since and Harry has been working late nights at the restaurant. You would think being the manager, you would get what you wanted. But nope. He was there usually from supper time to two or three in the morning, which really sucked for me. We didn't really get any alone time together. We didn't have much time to talk about things and i really despised it.

Tonight, though. Tonight he had off. And he promised that we would have a nice supper together. Him, Annie and I. Like the real family we were pretending to be.

Annie and Harry were going to gymnastics today and I was going to Britany's to help with wedding prep. I being Starbucks in hand and we settle down at the kitchen table. "Nate working today?" I ask.

"Yeah, the Opry is having some big meeting today or something. I don't know, to be honest. I can't keep track."

I chuckle. "That's like Harry and I with the restaurant. I'm so tired of him yapping about this and yapping about that, it's like, we have only a few hours together everyday, can't we talk about something... Else?"

"I don't know how you do it." She shakes her head softly and sips at her London Fog.

"Honestly, neither do I. Like I feel... I feel like we're running on fumes. Like our love is running out and I'm down right terrified. I've made a life with him... How can it just... End, ya know? I feel like we're an old married couple and raising our last child."

"Have you started your photo business yet?"

"I got the license to do so. Now I just have to get the clientele. The studio is all set up in the basement for portraits and what not and developing. I'm just concerned that I'm not gonna find the clients." Pumpkin spice drips down my throat.

"If you weren't already my Maid Of Honour I'd hire you in a minute."

A smile grows. "Thanks Brit."

"You'll find it. Don't worry. Do you have a portfolio?"

I shrug. "I haven't had the chance to build one up. I think I'm gonna start with Annie and then maybe some of the kids from her gymnastics. Then I was thinking... Maybe you and Nate?"

He face lights up, bright blue eyes bulging. "Yes yes yes! Absolutely! We would love you to!" She pauses, "actually, you might have a job sooner than you think."

I raise my eyebrow, unable to read Britany and what's she's thinking. "What do you mean?" I chuckle and she takes a deep breath. I feel tension and worry yet excitement fill the room.

"I called you over here for something else." She bites her lip and sets down her coffee. "Taylor, I'm pregnant." Her voice is so soft it takes me a minute to realize.

"What?!" I choke.

She nods, and then stops, "well I font know for sure... That's why I need you here. I need you to take a test with me."

"Brit, you don't need me to pee on a plastic stick just because you do." She shakes her head and grasps my hand.

"Please, oh best friend of mine, please? I'm more nervous than anything right now."

I shake my head, "I just took a test three weeks ago. It came back negative. I'm not pregnant. There's no signs that I'm pregnant."

"A lot can happen in three weeks." She chuckles.