Indie Band

"Who the fuck does that?!" Austin has been freaking on me in the back yard for a good ten minutes now.

"Last time I checked, I was the older sister, I can do what I want!"

"Not if it involves hurting others, Taylor! The world doesn't revolve around you! You can't have everything you want at the drop of a hat! You're lucky mom and dad still support you! You should make something of yourself while you still have a chance! Not run out every time something doesn't go your way. Must we relive what happened last time you did that?!"

I shake my head in disbelief at his heartlessness. "I have a different way of dealing with things than you do. Clearly. We grew up completely differently, Austin. You had time to figure yourself out and I still haven't been able to. Let me work things my own way. Please."

"Last time that happened you ended up in a relationship that almost killed you!"

"We both know Harry isn't like that."

"Sure, but are you smart enough to stuck it out?"

I roll my eyes, "why don't you just throw your bags in the car and leave tonight. Since you've come home you've caused nothing but stress. Harry wouldn't have got hurt if you hadn't of went out. So why don't you just save everyone some pain and get outta here." We stare at each other for a minute. Dare the other to look away first.

"Fine."

I help Harry up the stairs and into my bedroom while Austin and Stephanie get their stuff together and in the car. I don't say goodbye. Just close the door to my bedroom and lock out all sounds. "Taylor, i got it, it's okay." He says but just like the past few nights, pull off his shoes. "Taylor, come on. Stop."

I tie my hair back in a pony and fall on to the bed beside him. "I'm sorry I scared you."

"I'm sorry I asked so many questions."

"I'm sorry I didn't answer your questions."

"I'm sorry I went out for drinks with Harry."

"I'm sorry I brought you into my messy life."

"Hey," Harry lifts my chin and pulls it towards him. "Don't be like that." Our lips meet but I sigh.

"I'm sorry my life is complicated and I'm sorry I'm not a better girlfriend. I'm sorry you got hurt and I'm sorry it's my fault. I'm just so sorry for everything that's happened!"

"Are you sorry for last weekend? Because I'm not. And I'm not sorry for your life being complicated. Because it makes you who you are. It makes you Taylor. And I love Taylor." Harry is so smooth with his words it makes me question if he has any other secret talents. "I know this is probably not the best time, but would you mind if I took a bath?"

I jump up, "oh my gosh, no! I'm so stupid, I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier!" I start drawing the bath. How could I have forgotten about bathing?!

Harry laughs and a smile smile finds it's way out of me. "It's all good. I haven't really had the strength to." When I come back he's already sitting up with his shirt off. I almost have to double take. Harry is gorgeous, if I hadn't already mentioned that. I wasn't usually a girl who liked tattoos but there was something about Harry and the birds that were inked on his skin that made me so unbelievably turned on.

"Did you have to do that?" I swear I'm blushing, my words come out a giggle.

"Do what?" I roll my eyes and fold my hands through his hair until my hands are at the back of his neck. I walk onto his lap and stare intensely into his eyes. My nose presses against his and my eyes slowly shut. Our lips overlap eachothers. The kiss is slow, but heated at first. Then it picks up and before I know it I'm moaning in his mouth. I have to stop myself before we get too carried away and the tub overflows. "Did you have to do that?" Harry whines when I leave to stop the running water.

"Yes, actually, I did." I say, running back, taking his hands and helping him hobble over to the tub. "You got it from here?"

"Oh come on!" Harry laughs and I'm unsure why. He undoes his shorts and pulls them down, kicking them off. Next is his underwear and I actually turn over and have to bite my thumb nail. "It's not like you haven't seen it!" Harry laughs again and I can't help but blush and laugh myself.

"Yes, I have. But I'm sure you'd prefer me not checking you out in the bare naked!"

"In that case you'd be wrong." I hear his skin hit the water, "alright you're good."

I turn around and smile, "I'll be in there so if you need anything, just call." I point to the bedroom and smile, proceeding to leave.

I strip from my own clothes and pull on one of Harry's indie band t-shirts. I had no idea who they were but the shirt was comfy and I claimed it as mine. My room had always ran hot so I change my underwear and leave it at that. "Taylor!!!" Harry calls urgently and I run back into the bathroom. "I need you." He says. And it's not like some kinda mind messing game.

A tear threatens and I choke it back. "I need you, too."

After Harry's bath, he dresses himself and I help him back into bed. It's awfully late and I'm famished but I don't let it on. Right now, I just wanted Harry. I wanted his arms wrapped around me.

The moonlight creeps into my bedroom through the drapes and I snuggle up to Harry, not taking a moment before kissing him. My heart races and I know what happens when it does. I sit on Harry's waist, careful of his rib, and press my lips into his neck. I run my hands down his chest and he let's out a low moan, his hand squeeze my thighs as he pins me to his waist. "I fucking love you." He moans and I nibble against his neck and then his ear. I can feel Harry's heart beat against my chest even through my t-shirt. I stop kissing him and sit up a little straighter. He's got sweat beading at his hairline. "Hey..." He says into my ear, kissing my cheek. "Is this my Us the Duo shirt?"

"Maybe." I say, trying to catch my breath.

"Well then, i guess I'll just have to take it back... Won't i?"

•••

Our love wasn't what the movies saw. It wasn't what John Green had captured with his words. Our love...

Our love was us.

It was strong, different, crazy, but it was us.

Even if that meant not sleeping at all just because you can't get enough of the other one's breathing. Of their heart beat. Of their warmth.

"You should bath more often." I laugh at Harry, we're both so tired, but at the same time so awake.

"Or maybe you should wear my t-shirts more often."

"Maybe a little bit of both." I offer, kissing him again. My fingers have been tracing his chest all night. And particularly one spot above his heart that had yet to be marked.

I had asked him earlier why that spot was empty and he told me he hadn't found anything worthy enough. He had joked, but I didn't. He then proposed that if I found something that I loved enough to mark his body with, he would get it tattooed there, just for me. As a reminder that I'm the one that owned his heart. As cheesy and cliché as it was, I took the challenge.

Harry's fingers tangle though my hair and his lips press into my forehead. I have so much on my mind but so little to say, and I can tell that he's holding back. I can tell that he had questions, and that he wants answers. I just didn't know what to tell him yet. I hadn't figured it out. "I know you want to know, I know you have questions. And I promise you I have answers. But, I'm not ready yet. Okay?"

"Okay." His voice is so slumber ridden I'm not even sure if he knows what I'm talking about.

"I'll let you know when I am, though. I promise. Then I'll tell you everything you want to know."

Harry tilts my chin up and he pecks me quickly on the lips. "Take..." Peck, "your..." Peck, "time." The last kiss is longer. And right in that exact moment is when I fall asleep.