The Worst Part

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me?" I raise when Brit comes in to view.

"Excuse me?" She rubs her eyes.

"Taylor! Taylor's pregnant!"

"Harry, it wasn't my place."

I roll my eyes. "Yes. Yes it was. Because look where we are now! In a hospital! With Taylor knocked out and no knowing when she'll be awake!"

"Let's not do this here, Harry." She stretches out her arms. "I'm tired. I haven't gotten any sleep."

"Well welcome to my world! You really think I can sleep not knowing if Taylor will ever wake up? That's my world in there! Laying unconscious!" She closes her eyes, collapsing into a chair. "You should've told me, Britany! Taylor has a different way of dealing with things! Much different than others. I know you left before all that stuff happened with Milo... But still! You should've caught on! This is someone's life we're talking about here!"

"Harry, please! I feel guilty enough!" She wipes her eyes. "Believe me, I don't wanna be in this situation any more than you."

I sit back down and fall quiet. "Where's Annie?"

"With Nate. She was hungry. He took her to eat."

"Thanks." I mumble.

"Yeah. Anytime."

The day consists of me going crazy. I feel guilty. This was because of me and my stupid mistake. I was mad. And in no way did I actually mean anything I said. I was just tired. And I wanted her to come home. I needed her to come home. I needed her to be there when I woke up in the morning and when I went to bed. She was my favourite person in the world. She was the love of my life. And now we're in this stupid situation because I'm an asshole of a boyfriend.

I'm not really sure how to explain this to Annie. So I let Britany do the talking. And by the looks of it, whatever she told Annie, worked. Because she seems to somewhat have an understanding of what is going on. Which, is good. I don't want her knowing everything. But, if Taylor wakes up, when Taylor wakes up, there needs to be no secrets or surprises. It needs to all be laid out on the table. No one can go running because that's not what a family does.

"Do you know why Taylor was upset?" Nate nudges me and I look over.

"No, do you?"

He nods. "Yeah, actually."

"Well..."

"You cheated, well. That's what she thinks. You cheated on her with that Kate girl."

If I had water I would've done a spit take I swear. "Cheated? With kate?! You're kidding!"

He shakes his head. "I wish I were. I didn't think you were that kind of guy. But Taylor was set that the messages she saw on your phone meant more than what could've been something innocent."

I sigh. Rubbing my eyes and taking a deep breath. "Ya know why I was talking to Kate? And even going to her house in the first place?"

"No, why?"

"At Christmas I had asked Taylor's parents for permission to marry Taylor. I was welcomed with open arms and I've tried to find the perfect way to do it. I've been working so much lately and so when I finally had a day off I figured that was my chance! So I called up Kate to look after Annie after Gymnastics so I could go get Taylor a ring. The perfect ring that she would love as much as I love her. So that's what I was doing and I forgot my phone at home when I went to go pick up Annie. None of this was supposed to happen the way it did. This is such a turn of events, I'm questioning everything right now."

I look to Nate and he just nods. "Well. They say that everything happens for a reason."

"But what is this reason? Our relationship goes through enough bumps."

"Maybe Taylor has more problems than she let's on. I don't think one fight could change the way someone thinks so drastically."

"But i should've been there for her." I shake my head and shut my eyes tight. "This just... It isn't fair."

"Mr. Styles?" I hear my named called and stand. A nurse greets me at the door. "Hi, I'm Michelle, I can take you to see Miss Swift now."

"Is she awake?!"

She shakes her head. "No, I'm sorry. But, she is on a good track! Doctor Nelson cleared the papers."

"So, now then?"

Michelle nods, "just follow me."

I can't describe what it feels like walking down that hallway. It felt never ending. And the worse part was that... I didn't know what to expect. How I should feel. Everything was like a constant blur of numbness. It didn't feel right. It feels like... Like I'm walking to my death.

It's weird to walk into a room Taylor's in without hearing her chipper voice, or her contagious laugh. There's no lift off of my shoulders like when I come home. It takes me a moment to realize it's Taylor. Laying there motionless. She doesn't even look like she's sleeping, though. She looks... Hesitant. And like at any moment she could crack. She looks scared and I want nothing more than to hold her until she wakes up.

"Can she hear me? Does she know I'm here?" I whisper, staring at the pale skinned impression of my love.

"That's hard to say." Michelle answers and she writes done Taylor's vitals. "Some say, when they wake up, that they were aware the whole time. Others, don't remember anything from even a week before hand."

"Oh." I sigh, my body collapsing into a seat near Taylor's bed.

"But, I do know, from my own experience as a nurse that people do wake up quicker the more you're here with them. The more you talk to them. Show them that you care. And, correct me if I'm wrong, please, but under your wife's condition, and reasoning for entry, I would say love is all she really needs."

I chuckle. Looking up at the nurse, I smile pathetically. "Ya know what sucks the most?"

She shakes her head slightly and lowers her clipboard. "No."

"She's my girlfriend. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me." I raise my eyebrows hopelessly. "And... I was going to propose the day she left. A simple text messed about our entire relationship. Threatened her life." My chest rises and falls and I focus back on Taylor. Her eyelashes even still. "I'll be sitting here until she wakes up... And when she does... I do to even know if she'll still love me."

The room is silent except for the buzz of Taylor's oxygen and constant heart monitor. "Well, I don't think she could ever not love you. She risked her life, because her love for you was that strong. The way you're looking at her... You're not living. You're just breathing. Just like her. I hope she wakes up soon, you deserve eachother."

And with that, I'm left staring at Taylor. Analyzing her as if she is a deadly work of art hanging in a museum.

"And now... We wait."