Maggie's

May is a beautiful time of year in Nashville. Especially on our lot. With trees surrounding our backyard, if you catch some outside time between 10:30 and 2:30 it's actually perfect. I've been lying out by the pool for the last two hours in a pair of cut of jeans and sports bra with a cover up top from forever 21. It was actually something I had stole from Karlie on our road trip in LA the week before she left us. It's been one of my favourite articles of clothing and whenever I'm hoping for a sunshiney kinda day, I swoop if on and hope for the best.

I've gotten through six chapters of this new book my mom picked up just this morning. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. It's a cute little book that's been attempting to keep me on my toes. It's been a year since my sisters death now. Actually, a year and two weeks and I feel completely lost without her. Especially now. Spring to summer was her favourite time of year. She used to frolick around the backyard in her bikini before jumping into the pool. So many memories, everywhere I look.

With it nearing three o'clock I drag my feet inside and mumble words of what's for dinner. "I can make something if you're busy." I offer, looking down upon my book, finishing the last of the chapter.

"Oh um, I don't believe I'm in charge of that."

This voice catches me off guard as i shoot my attention up to see someone who I am very unfamiliar with. Letting out a sheer natural shriek, I slip and fall to my behind in the middle of the kitchen floor.

"I come in peace!" He laughs before helping me up, or, attempting to.

"I got it, thanks." I say, pushing myself up off the floor and gathering my things. "Who are you exactly..." I mumble, trying not to be mean but at the same time wanting to know who the hell this is and why they're in my house.

"Oh, right." He chuckles, pushing back a handful of messy dark hair. "My name is Harry. I'm gonna be working with your dad for the summer."

"Oh..." I attempt to formulate words but they end up turning into uneasy mumbles.

He licks his lips, "I didn't mean to scare you. Your dad left me here while he went to go get something from the garage? I don't really know."

"Oh no, you didn't scare me... I'm just... Paranoid. And a freak." I push my side bangs from my eyes and feel stuck in the position I'm in.

"No, you're not a freak. A freak would be someone that's completely fine with some guy they've never met standing in their kitchen. You on the other hand, you're completely normal."

I look back to realize he seems genuine with a persistent smile at his face. Dimples are like caters in the corners of his cheeks, dark hair consistently being pushed back. "You said your name' Harry? Are you Ms. Mayler's nephew?"

He nods, "that I am!"

I mumble a serious of non sense and try not to prove myself to be a freak. Thankfully my chipper as ever father walks in. "Oh Taylor! Looks like you've met our guest!" I nod. "Harry, are you good for Chinese? Mrs Swift is busy right now, and she said she wants to let Taylor have some time to show you around town anyway."

"Oh dad, I can't do that today." I say, stepping in. "I've got plans."

"With?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I've just got plans."

"Well postpone them. We've got company." I roll my eyes before scooting with a quick 'I'll be back' and all I can hear is chuckles coming from the kitchen. Ones that certainly didn't belong to my father.

I drop my things and add a sweater to my attire and a pair of cowboy boots. I sling my purse over my shoulder and hop my way downstairs in hoping that he had left or my father had changed his mind. Don't get me wrong, this Harry lad seamed half decent but going out in public was not my thing. And I swear every time I did all eyes became glued to me. It was like I was dying or something.