Daisy

I didn't get any sleep last night. I've been thinking, and crying, and thinking some more. I was so dependent on him. It probably wasn't a good thing but for the last three months it was all I knew. He was my Meuse. My happiness. Im curled up in a ball watching my phone tick time away. It was nearly noon. Harry never slept this late. He had to of been up and awake by now. I tried calling but again, just like last night, it goes straight to message.

My plan for the day was to work on Karlie's book. I still didn't have it completed. A few pages here and there, but it was no where close to being done. But finding the effort to get out of the bed was the worst part.

I sit in bed with crossed legs in nothing but his t-shirt and underwear. The windows are open and the breeze circulates through the room, my curtains slightly blowing around. I've found the energy to work of a page that was near and dear to my heart, more than the rest of them. Our road trip. The amount of pictures we instagramed from that trip was unmentionable. Everything from Karlie kissing my cheek to us jumping at the same time trying to get a highschool musical like picture.

All the photos are laid out and I start gluing them down. These were the kinda things I would show my kids one day. These photos, these memories. One so livid you could almost taste the laughter. Karlie had always wanted kids. Ever since she was little she had motherly like qualities. She would've been so amazing at it. She would've done everything in her power to make her kids happy, she would've gave them the best life possible. She would've gave them happiness.

There were so many times where Karlie would call me in the middle of the night, half bawling half ecstatic that her period was late. Of course she was too young and in the middle of a career that demanded you to have a slim figure, but maybe that could've helped Karlie stay here. Maybe if Karlie had of been pregnant she would've left her asshole boyfriend. Maybe she would've moved back home to get a normal job like the rest of us. Maybe she could've found happiness again. But it was too late for 'maybes' and 'I wonders'. She was gone. Like a daisy in the wind and there was nothing that could ever bring her back.

Having time to myself wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I used to do this all the time. Keep to myself in a hole of my bedroom. But my bedroom was so much more than a hole now. It had feelings attached to it. Beautiful memories of Harry and all our late nights. My heart aches. I want that back. But he would be back soon. And everything would be back to normal. Him and me.

I switch to my bikini and make way for our backyard pool. My phone was on the side and I was swimming back and forth. This place was home. Comfort. It was where all my best memories were. (Let's exclude the cabin from this one.) it would be hard saying goodbye. But all good things come to an end. Harry I would come back, sooner or later. We had to. This is where it all started for us. In a little hickory dickory town.

I'm so relaxed that I can hardly hear the alarm of my phone going crazy. I swim over and see Harry's name with a green box beside it. So he can text and not call? Alright. Fine. I swipe it open and the text reads as following.

You have every right to be mad at me.

Hell yeah I do!

But I know you, and I'm sure you're more glad to hear from me than upset. It's a long story -

It better be.

-and I need you to hear me out. I'll need you to work with me, as this isn't going to be easy.

What on earth could he be talking about.

My flight comes in at nine pm tomorrow. Pick me up and I'll take you out to the diner and explain everything. I love you, Taylor. Even if you're mad at me. I said forever. And I mean it. I may be crazy, but only for you.

I take a deep breath and reply with one word. Okay. I had no idea what this meant. I had no idea what he could have to tell me. I didn't know what wasn't going to be easy. All I knew is that at approximately nine pm tomorrow night, my life could change.

I didn't tell mom or dad what was going on. Just told them that there was an emergency with the restaurant and he was coming back tomorrow. That's all they needed to know. Because if I told them what was really going on, surely they would twist my mind into thinking this is something bigger than it actually is. I wanted to go into tomorrow with an opened mind not with hot breath on my neck.

Harry sent me a goodnight text that night. Saying that he missed me. And wished that we were together right now. It took everything in me not to call him and just to hear his voice. For the past three months, he's been my constant. So for to have this jolt in the middle of our flight really through me off. I texted him back. Saying I loved him more than anything. That no matter what I'll always love him. Through thick and thing. He sent me a link to No Matter Where You Are by Us the Duo and I played it over and over until I fell asleep.

•••

I wake up late that day. There was no point of me even getting up. I was a mess I couldn't focus. I have a shower and style my hair. Attempting to look the best I can. I throw on some makeup and when I'm finally okay with the way I look, I step into a crop top and high waisted shorts. My brown cowboy boots make a nice match and I'm out of the door by 7:40. Perfect.

The airport is outside of Nashville, so by the time I get there it's only twenty to nine. For some reason, I was nervous. Belly rippling nervous. There was so reason that I should've been nervous, right? This was all going to be fine. We were going to work through whatever obstacle this was... Together. I grab a frap from Starbucks for myself and him a caramel macchiato. I stand at the tunnel, waiting to see his beautiful face among others. I'm the only on here waiting. The group of chairs I'm sitting in is empty. It's just me and my nerves and my thoughts.

It hits nine pm and I stand nervously as people start walking through. But I don't see him. A few minutes go by and he's still no where in sight. Maybe he didn't come? Maybe he gave up on me. Maybe he decided I wasn't worth it anymore. And maybe, no matter how hard I tried, this was just some summer fling.

"Taylor!" I look up and Harry's jogging through the tunnel in a grey t-shirt and an kaki shorts. His hair looks like a mess and he looks exhausted, but none the less, he looks like Harry. He runs into my arms and I have to take a deep breath as he hoists me up to spin me around. "I'm so sorry." He whispers in my ear.

I fall back down to the ground and look up into his eyes. They're dull. He's got bags under his eyes. This wasn't just some lame excuse. There was an emergency. And I had a feeling it wasn't over yet. I hold his face in my hands. He smiles slightly and I lean up to kiss him. His breath stinks. There's no way he's showered or brushed his teeth in the past three days. "We need to talk."

He nods, "yeah. Yeah, we do."

A/N
What do you guys think this big emergency could've been? What kind of excuse could Harry have for all of this??? Do you think Taylor is going to be understanding of the situation??? I'll try and upload tonight! Sorry guys! I hope you all like it!!!

Love ya
A