chapter 4

(This is a bit of a rough copy. I didn’t know how to start it so bare with me)

Chapter 4

“My name is Lily by the way. But I still want to keep my last name a secret. If that’s ok with you”.

“Welcome to Hogwarts lily”, replied Dumbledore

The next few days went by like a flash. Madam Pomfrey kept checking up on her. She insisted that lily would stay for more than a week but due to the fact that she had gained all of her strength beck it was hard to let her stay in the hospital for much longer.

 Lily was egger to begin school. Since she was meant to be in grade 4 Lily was told that she was to have extra lessons in the afternoons but would still be able to do extra activities.

 On her final day at the hospital Dumbledore came to see her. He had the usual twinkle in his eyes but this time he came with a raggy old hat that looked like it was going to fall into pieces. “Since you are now enrolled in Hogwarts I believe it’s about time you get sorted into a school house”, He gleamed.

 With a flick of his wand, Dumbledore pulled out a chair. Lily stood up from the hospital bed and went to the chair as the hat was placed on her head. "Hmmm’, whispered the hat in Lily’s ear, “I remember the founder who helped create me. I see his blood runs in yours. It seams only fit I put you in the correct house. So It better be GRYFFINDOR”.

 Dumbledore took the hat off Lily’s head and congratulated her before leaving the hospital wing. This time tomorrow lily would be in the Gryffindor common room with every other student...

 The next day lily woke up early to the sound of rain thundering the hospital wings roof.  Lily got up and looked around. At the end of her bed was a wand (It was sent by Ollivander), books, clothes and a large brown owl. A note was pinned to her clothes signed by Dumbledore:

“I hope you enjoy your first day of school. Here is all the equipment you need. I also took liberty in getting you an owl. (Its name is hermy)”. The Brown owl pecked her finger before flying away.

 Lily got dressed into her school uniform and started to but her books into a bag. A sense of thrill went down her spin. She was about to start a school in which she always dreamed of.

 Madam Pomfrey was there to say goodbye, before Lily went off to have breakfast in the great hall. The adventure there however took a while as lily forgot that Dumbledore said that the staircases change.

 Finally lily made her way to the entrance of the great hall. It was more magnificent than lily had imagined. Four rows of tables were set up in the hall each for one of the houses (Gryffindor, hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin) and the roof was bewitched to look like the sky which was know a grey cloudy sight.

 Lily went and found a space alone at the Gryffindor table and began to have her breakfast. It seemed to lily that everyone in the hall was staring at her but every time she looked up there was not one glance her way.

 “Imagine if Fred and George do end up making the joke shop”, a boy with red hair said loudly, ”I think Mum would go mental”.

Two others laught at this comment and went and sat down near to were lily was.

“Oh I hope they don’t get in troubled”, exclaimed a girl with bushy hair, “Their jokes could cause serious pro.........”

“Oh shut up Hermione”, interrupted the red head boy again, “You worry too much”.

 Lily stopped ears dropping and started to pay more attention on her food. Lily was excited but soon some nervousness over took that feeling. “What if no one likes me”, she thought to herself. But that was a risk she was willing to make.

“Hi My name is Draco Malfoy”.

A boys voice interrupted lily’s thought. He had white/Blonde hair and had pale skin. He’s voice sound cold even though he had a smile on his face.

“Aren’t you the girl who was in the forest a couple of days ago?” asked Draco.

“Yep. That was me”, replied Lily, “the named Lily by the way”.

“Nice to meet you Lily. You gave my class quiet a fright. We thought you were rabid”, Draco remarked

“No that was only my bad hair day’, lily said sarcastically.

Draco laughed at this remark.

 Lily looked around at the hall and realized that every one had their eyes on her.

“Well that’s not awkward”, Lily whispered. “Any way. I have to go”, lily said to Draco, “See you later”.

Lily walked out of the great hall. Without realizing lily ran into a teacher with greasy black hair and a hooked nose.