chapter 6

(This chapter is a bit rough)

Chapter 6

(Back to the past)

The first time lily had success with creating magic was when she moved a rock across the room without touching it. Although she was happy with what she had done, she was still a long way away from escaping.

The death eaters started to become more attentive with what Lily was getting up to. She was watch constantly, which meant that Lily was unable to do any more magic. It was like they could read her mind. Lily decided to get some more information about the wizarding world and soon started to listen in on some of their conversations.

They talked about the Ministry and also about something called the “Quidditch World Cup”. It seemed to lily that they were planning on going to the cup and showing everyone that they are still large and that they still have powers even without the Dark lord.

They kept talking about using apparition to get into the world cup. From the point a view of Lily it seemed that this was a form of teleporting from one place to another in a blink of an eye. This was how Lily was going to escape. Using the magic apparition.

After a few months the death eaters started to get a bit restless and were letting slip of other spells. It was one day however they thought lily was asleep and started to talk about Legilimency. The thought of them being able to enter her mind made her sick. This was the reason why they were becoming suspicious about what Lily was getting up to. They new she was planning on escaping and that soon she would have her strength back.

This seemed to motivate Lily to fight back. Soon she was able to fight the Legilimency for long periods of time and also was getting trying to use it against the death eaters. One time she was able to get into on of their memories. It was a happy memory where he was with his wife and child but it ended quickly.

The fact that lily could fight of Legilimency was something that was giving her more and more strength and helped her gain courage to start teaching herself how to apparate. Even though it will be difficult at least she will give it a chance. There was nothing else she could think of to get out of there.

(Back to present)

As Lily got out of bed Hermione was standing there waiting for her. Lily quickly got changed and walked out to the common room. Hermione started to inform her about Hogwarts. There was a competition called the ‘Triwizard Tournament’ being held at Hogwarts this year. There are normally three competitors, one from Hogwarts, drumstrang and Beauxbatons, but this year there is four. Lily was excited about the Triwizard tournament. It sounded interesting and the thrill of it might make her feel welcome to Hogwarts.

Ever since the other night everyone from Gryffindor seemed to be really nice to her. None of them had realized what lily had said about it being impossible to fight off the Imperious on their first but she thought it was better for them not to know about her past.

Lily and Hermione found a place to sit in the great hall and began to eat their breakfast. After deciding to go eggs for breakfast, two boys came and joined them.

The boy with red hair began to fill his plate with food while the other just sat and stared at Lily. Pretending to be concentrating on eating, lily tried not to make eye contact with him.

“Lily these are my friends Harry and Ron”, introduced Hermione, “Guys this is Lily”.

“Pleaged two mwet you”, Ron said with a large amount of food I his mouth.

“Honestly Ron didn’t your mum teach you manners”, snapped Hermione.

Lily started to laugh as Ron went a bright red that soon started to match his hair.

“Hi”, said Harry, getting lily’s attention.

“Hey”, replied lily, “hey haven’t I met you before”.

The boy was wearing glasses and had jet-black hair. For some reason Lily remembered him but didn’t know where

“I was in the forest when you ran away”, he explained, “I ran after you but then you collapsed”.

“Oh right I remember”, Lily said trying not to blush. It was embarrassing enough for people to see her drenched in blood and running around like a lunatic but collapsing was hard to take down.

Hermione took over the conversation and started to talk about school and exams while Lily started to think back to the forest. Then something clicked into her head. The locket. Lily pulled her hand near her neck and felt the chain of her locket. She pulled it to view and ran her finger over the lion on the cover.

“Wow that’s a cool locket”.

Lily looked up and realized that Hermione, Ron and Harry were all looking at her locket.

“Thanks”, she replied uneasily.

“Is that the Gryffindor crest”, Hermione asked eagerly.

“I guess so”, replied Lily.

“Was it your parents? I wonder whether they got it because they were an important part of Gryffindor”, questioned Hermione, “do you mind if I could ask them”.

Lily looked at Hermione. She forgot that Hermione didn’t know that she has no family. That they are gone, forever.

“I don’t have any parents”, Lily explained.

“Oh my gosh I am so sorry”, said Hermione, “How did they die?”

Lily hadn’t given much though to her parents. Ever since being at Hogwarts she had tried to start fresh but the past always comes back to haunt you. Lily remembered her Mum and Dad vaguely. She was five when she arrived at the orphanage. She remembered a man coming to get her and brought her to the orphanage. He was a muggle policeman. He told her that her parents had died of an unexplained death but the death eaters told her it was them who killed them.

“They were murdered”, Lily said quickly, “Um I have to go to the library before class. I will meet you there”.

Before Hermione could answer Lily walked off. The first time ever she has realized that she is alone in the world.

“Hey Lily wait up”, Harry yelled, as Lily turned around.

“Hey, I was just going to the library”, Lily lied.

“I’ll come with you”, Harry said, “I wanted to say how sorry I am about your parents. But is ok my parents were murdered too. I guess we are floating in the same boat”.

“Oh I am so sorry I never knew”, replied Lily.

“You didn’t know”.

“Um no. Should I”, replied Lily.

“Its just that’s why everyone knows my name because Lord Voldermort killed them but when he tried to kill me with the Avada Kedavra curse it backfired. He lost all his powers that day”, Harry told Lily.

“Are you immune to the curse?” Lily asked.

“Um I don’t think so”, replied Harry, “I think it just didn’t work. He under estimated the curse or something”.

“Did you want to go to class”, Lily asked.

“Sure”, replied Harry.

They began to walk to the ground floor where Transfiguration is being held.