Chapter 8

This was quickly written just so you know

Chapter 8

Lily and Draco began walk over to the tables to have her dinner. There were large bunches of flowers in the middle of the table surrounded by cups, plates, cutlery and menus. When everyone was seated as the headmaster started with a speech. Lily looked at her menu and saw all different types of foods. Everyone began to say the dish out loud and the meals appeared in front of him or her. Lily followed and soon was eating a chicken dish.

After Dinner she began to walk over to the dance floor with Draco. They began to stand in a circle with everyone else while the champions began to dance with their partners. Lily laughed when she saw Hermione with Victor Krum. She wore a pretty blue dress and her hair was neat and curly. Soon everyone was joining in. Draco took Lily’s hand and bought her close to him. They began to do waltz which then changed into a slow dance. Draco laught as Lily kept treading onto his feet. After a couple of hours of traditional dancing, the band began to play rock n’ roll songs.

The whole crowd started to jump and dance like lunatics, as Lily and Draco started to dance with some people from Drumstrung.

The music started to change to different tunes until it was another traditional song. Draco grabbed Lily’s hand and they began to do a slow dance. Lily looked around and saw Pansy Parkinson giving her a nasty look. Lily looked away but then a hand came out of nowhere and pushed her and Draco apart. Unsure what happened, Lily saw Harry standing there with an angry expression.

Draco took a swing at Harry but just missed. Harry quickly ran up and tackled Draco, which turned into a bash up fight. Lily tried to separate them but kept getting hit in the process. The entire hall began to notice what was happening and decided encourage the fight by surrounding it. Soon teachers were trying to get into the center to see what was the problem but professor Dumbledore came and pulled them apart.

The crowed began to go back to dancing while some teachers lectured Harry and Draco about their behaviors. Soon they disappeared too, leaving Harry and Draco standing alone. Draco went and head to the dance floor and began to dance with Pansy while Harry went and grabbed Lily’s arm and walked out of the hall.

He took her just outside the hall before letting her go and turning to her.

“Why did you come to the dance with Draco”, Harry asked.

“He asked me so I said yes”, replied Lily, slightly annoyed.

“So, why didn’t you say no”, Harry questioned.

“Because”, Lily answered, “No one else had asked me, he was really nice to me and I didn’t want to go by myself”.

“I asked you”, Harry said.

“As a second choice though”, Lily replied, “If you wanted to go with me you shouldn’t have left it to the last second. Besides the only reason you asked me was because Cho was going with someone else”.

Harry turned a bright red colour but continued.

“How did you know I asked Cho”, Harry said in a confused tone.

“I heard you ask her”, Lily replied”, Anyway it doesn’t matter. But next time you don’t want me to go with someone just tell me instead of me finding out by a bash up”.

With that Lily walked away not caring whatever Harry had to say.

She walked up to the Gryffindor common room. It was completely empty even though the years 1 to 3 didn’t go to the ball. Lily ran up into her dorm and began to get changed into her P.J’s. She than closed the curtains to her bed and lied down. It wasn’t until 12.00pm that the girls from Gryffindor began to come in. There voices started soft but than became louder. They all seemed to be still in the mood to dance. Lily opened her eyes and began to listen to what they were saying.