chapter 7

(This is also a little rough- any suggestions just tell me)

Chapter 7

Transfiguration was ended early today. As Lily was packing up her books Professor McGonagall started to talk about something called the Yule ball.

“The Yule ball is a tradition with the Triwizard Tournament and is a time for us to socialize with our foreign guest”, She said, “It will be held on Christmas night at 8.00pm and we will be expecting outstanding behaviors”.

Just as Professor McGonagall finished the entire class began to discuss the ball. Everyone seemed excited apart from Lily. She had never been to a ball and from the sounds of the conversations they would have to be wearing dress robes, but she new she didn’t own one.

After the lesson everyone raced outside and began to chat with the other houses. Lily looked around and found Hermione. She was gleaming with excitement as she walked over to Lily.

“This is going to be so amazing”, Hermione, said.

“Yeah I agree”, Lily lied. She didn’t feel like telling Hermione about not owning a dress robe, or anything in fact.

Nearly everywhere Lily went people were talking about the ball. Girls would giggle every time a boy walked by and some would even get the courage to go and ask one of them to the ball.

The next day Lily woke up and got changed into causal and waited in the common room for Hermione. As she went and sat in one of the chairs in front of the fire Fred and George came up to talk to her.

“Hello Lily”, they greeted.

“Hey”, she replied, “Whats up?”

“We were curious why you aren’t so excited about going to the ball”, Fred said.

“We thought you are the kind of girl who giggles every time you see a boy”, finished George.

“I know it’s a bit of a downer but I am sure there is someone else who will giggle about boys with you. However, I can help put some makeup on you. We want you to look your prettiest”, Lily joked.

“Can’t you tell that I am wearing mascara”, replied Fred, “George says it makes my eyes pop”.

They were all laughing when Hermione entered the room. Lily said farewell to Fred and George before heading to Hogsmeade.

Hogsmeade was the most wonderful place Lily had ever been, accept for Hogwarts of course. The snow, which had fallen the night before, made the street look like a giant snow globe. The shops in village all had their fires on as Lily and Hermione entered a variety of them. Honeydukes and the Zonko’s Joke shop would have to be favorite above all of the shops, but nothing could beat a nice warm Butterbear in the three broomsticks.

After a few hours Hermione left Lily to go to the library, so lily decided to wonder around by herself. As she came back out of Honeydukes for the second time her owl hermy swooped by and dropped a large package. After giving Hermy a small treat, Lily began to walk up back to the castle so she could open the package in private.

The Gryffindor Common room was empty, which gave lily the perfect opportunity to open her package..................

It wasn’t until a couple of days before the Yule ball that Lily began to feel excited. Everyone was getting into the spirit of Christmas, including the castle. Every time she passed a suit-of-armor it would begin to sing a Christmas carol, and there were magnificent Christmas trees everywhere around the hall.

On Christmas Eve lily was walking by herself when she ran into a large many with a shaggy beard. He was carrying two large wreaths and was humming to himself.

“Hello”, Lily said unsurely.

“ ‘Ello”, he belted happily.

“Would you like some help”, Lily asked politely.

“Sure”, he replied giving Lily a wreath.

Following this man Lily held the wreath in both hands. It was rather large compared to what she thought, but this man made them look small.

“My name is Rubeus Hagrid by the way”, the man said.

“My name is Lily”, Lily replied, “Its nice to meet you”.

Lily places the wreath down in the hall before heading up to the Gryffindor common room. As she entered there was a huge huddle around Ron. Unsure whether to ask whats wrong, Lily walked up and stood next to Hermione.

“What happened”, Lily asked

“Well if I am correct Ron just asked Fleur Delacour to go to the ball”, Hermione whispered.

“What did she say”, Lily asked.

“Um.... she said no”, Hermione answered, “He sort of just asked her out of the blue”.

After a couple of minutes of trying to cool down Ron, the crowd began to disappear.

“So Harry did you get a date?’ Ron asked, “I sort of broke our agreement to have a date before the end of the day”.

“No”, replied Harry, “I had no luck.

Lily and Hermione started to talk about the Yule ball, but were interrupted by Ron.

“Hey Hermione you’re a girl”, Ron said

“I am glad you noticed”, Hermione replied.

“Well how about you come to the ball with me”, Ron suggested, “and Lily you can go with Harry”.

“I am already going with someone” ,Hermione blushed.

“What about you Lily”, Harry asked.

“I am going with someone as well”, Lily replied, “Sorry Harry”.

Harry and Ron stared it each other for a while, until Harry quickly got up and went to a group of girls.

“Who are you guys going with any way”, Ron asked.

“You will find out tomorrow”, Hermione snapped.

Harry came back with a half smile on his face.

“We have partners”, Harry said, “Parvati Patil and Padma Patil”.

The next day went by quickly. Lily, Hermione, Harry and Ron spent most of the day outside having snowball fights. Ron kept bugging Hermione to tell him who she is going to the ball with but her lips were sealed. When it was 6.00pm, Lily and Hermione went and got ready. When they were in the girls dorm Lily pulled out the large package, which she got from Hermy, and began to get ready for the Yule ball.

The great hall was more spectacular than usual. The long tables were gone and instead were small groups of round tables. There was a large dancing floor in the center of the tables and at the front was a band. The hall was now a blue, ice colour, which made the room look like It had been snowed in. Lily stood away from the large crowd trying to find her partner.

She wore a purple strapless dress, which had a blue ribbon acroos the waist, and she wore her golden locket around her neck. Lily had cut her hair so it was just a bit longer than her ears. This made her hair start to have a nice wave. Looking around she found her partner.

He wore a black suit, with a green tie. His blonde/white was slicked back and he held a red rose in his hand. When he spotted Lily he walked up to her and handed her the rose.

“I thought you would like it”, Said Draco Malfoy............