Chapter 13: Ashton

"A-ash..." I wake up to Calum's scarred and studdering voice.

     I sit up and look at my clock and see that its 4 in the morning. I look at Calum worried "What's wrong?" I ask

     "Y-your...erm...g-g-grandma?...s-s-she...p-please g-g-go c-check on h-her..." I dont think I've ever heard someone studder so much in one sentence.

     I give him a questioning look but got up anyways.

     Before I left the room I take one last look at Calum. His brown eyes are wide with horror and some other emotions I dont know.

     Im really starting to get scared. What if somethings really wrong eith my grandma?

     As I walk down the hall I notice thats its eerily quiet.

    She's not snoring.

    Once I reach her bedroom I open the door and I see that she's laying on her back. Her eyes open and glossy looking.

    It takes me a few minutes to realise what happened and when I do I crumble to a ball on the floor. Tears rush down my face as I let out sobs.

     Suddenly im in Calum's arms and hes talking to me but I can't hear him.

     Soon a bunch of men I've never seen in my life come rushing into the bedroom with a stretcher.  Calum moves me out of the way.

      The men put my grandma in a ambulance and then there gone.

    After a few awkward silent moments a question comes to my mind.

     "Cal?" I croak out

     "Yea Ashy?" He says his fingers running through my messy hair.

     "How did you know?"

     "Well...when I was in fifth grade..." Calum pauses and sighs "my dad had a stroke...I still remember the noises he made like it was yesterday. S-she was making those- those terrible noises...I tried to block them out thinking maybe they would go away..." He pauses again and a few tears run doen his face "Then I realised what was happening. " Calum looks away as he mumbles 'im sorry. im so sorry.' over and over.

      "What are you sorry for Cal?" I ask him as I wipe his tears off his face with my sleeve.

      "Not waking you in time." He replies then looks me in the eyes and starts to lean forward.

     And just like earlier today were kissing.

     When we both pull away I say "None of this is your fault. Your perfect and I love that about you." I just said I loved him!

     Do I love him? I've only known him for about three days but yet I already feel like I could trust him with the world.

     "Y-you love me?" He asks his eyes so wide that if they got any wider I think they'd pop out of his skull.

    "I think so..." I mumble no longer looking at Calum but instead the floor.

    "I think I love you too Ashy."

    "Im tired Cal." I say suddenly.

    "Then sleep." Is all he says before he picks me up and carries me into my bed.

     He cuddles up into my side and thats when I remember all of his scars and bruises. 

     "You didnt have to carry me...you could have hurt yourself." I mumble to him half asleep.

     "I would go through all of the pain in the world for you. "

       Thats all I remember before I fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I hope you liked this chapter! I really like all the fluff in this one :)

      I will be on vacation with my grandparents and little brother to south Dakota for the next two weeks so I might not update much. Im going to try to but it might not happen. Sorry :/