Chapter Twenty-One Meeting

Bella's POV

Elijah and I started to dance again. He was smiling like there was no tomorrow, and it made me wonder.

"What are you smiling about?" I asked now smiling wide myself. He chuckled, and sighed staring into my eyes. He kissed me lightly.

"Just thinking about how lucky I am to have you." he whispered. I was still smiling.

"We are both lucky to have each other." I whispered back, and cupped his face with one hand. I leaned in, and caught his lips in a gentle kiss.

Third Person POV

Kayla walked back to Damon who was dancing with no one, While Angel walked up to his date. Angel and his date-who's name is Rosemile-started dancing.

"Is something wrong?" Damon asked, as Kayla approached him. She smiled kindly at him, and her smile didn't match her eyes, Damon realized.

"Nothing is wrong. Everything's ok." Kayla said reassuringly. Damon nodded, but didn't believe her. He had a feeling that something-very bad-was wrong. They started dancing, and they both smiled softly at each other.

"I'm glad Damon has someone. Now he won't be much of an ass." Bonnie commented to Jeremy who chuckled. They were dancing along with pretty much everyone else. But Bonnie was feeling something, that felt strange. She felt something from someone in the dance-floor, but she couldn't place it.

"What's wrong?" Jer asked. Bonnie sighed.

"I have a feeling that something here isn't good, I guess you could say. It's hard to explain." she said looking into his beautiful brown eyes.

"Alright." Jer said sighing. He nodded at the same time Bonnie did. They both looked around, and nothing seemed un-natural. They then saw Kayla and Damon arguing. They weren't arguing very loudly, it was just whispers.

Kayla's POV

"Listen Damon, it's important." I argued whispering still.

"The guy, Angel, your trusting him?! He is probably trying to set us up! Do you realise, that you put us in danger?" Damon whispered back, clearly pissed. I sighed.

"He is meeting us after the ball Damon. He has information that we might need. Trust me please." I begged using my puppy dog eyes. I knew that Damon couldn't resist my puppy eyes, because nobody could. The only one that could is Bella. He sighed. I thought he was going to give up. . .

"No Kayla. I'm not putting you in danger. Just stay by my side the whole time." he ordered. Atleast I kind-of won. I sighed and nodded.

"Yes sir." I joked. He chuckled, and I giggled with him. He leaned in, and kissed me lightly. I kissed back smiling into the kiss. I was so glad that the fight was over. I hate fighting with people unless if it's for fun.

"Something wrong?" Dad asked breaking us up from our kiss, making me blush. I realized that Bella was there to, because I heard her giggle.

"Nope." I said still blushing.

"Then why were you two fighting?" Bella asked not giggling anymore.

"You will have to find out tonight. Is everyone going to be heading back to the boarding house after the ball?" I asked. Dad shrugged.

"Probably."

"Then I have to tell somebody something. Excuse me." I said and walked off to find Angel.

After about five minutes I found him with his date.

"Angel." I said as I got close enough. He turned to face me, and nodded wanting information.