Chapter One The Day Before The Torture Starts

Kayla's POV

"Kayla hurry up! We need to go to Elijah's!" Nora, my adopted sister, called from down the stairs. Sighing, I continued to pack, trying to ignore her yelling profanities to my taking a while to get ready.

Yep this is my life. I'm adopted, and an original vampire is my real father. My real mom is named Katerina petrova, but her name now is Katherine Pierce. We all call her Katherine, but me of course. I call her mom, mother, mommy, and a few other nicknames that we both like.

Elijah, my dad, has brown eyes, brown hair and a bit tall. Elijah is dating my best friend Bella. They have been together since she was 16. Don't worry, I accept them because they love each other. They are to cute together! Even though I think it's nasty when they make out, they're still a cute couple.

My dad is six foot one, and that's where I get my height from. Which makes me five foot seven. My mom is kind of short, standing at five foot four, so I'm in the middle of their height. At least I'm taller than her and can tease her about it.

My dad also has the normal short cropped hair. I can't imagine him with long hair! It would look really weird, and there is only so much weird that I can handle! Or, at least I think I can't handle very many weird things. Eh, we'll see.

Anyway, back on topic. Elijah also has six other siblings. My uncles names are, Klaus, Kol, and Finn. I have two more uncles but they died at a very young age. I think my youngest uncle was named Henrik.

My aunts name is Rebekah. She is nice when she doesn't have an attitude. Her attitude annoys me a lot, but when she's around me she barely has it. If Klaus is teasing her around me, that's when she will get a little mad. I have to admit it's funny. Other than that she has a great personality in my opinion.

My uncle Klaus is a hybrid between vampire and werewolf. He got his werewolf side by doing a ritual that was made by his mother over a thousand years ago. In order for that to happen, you would need the moonstone, the vampire, werewolf, and the doppleganger. He killed all of them in a certain order, then he triggered his werewolf side. To be honest, it sounds like a complicated thing to do.

However, Klaus he can be mean if he wants to. He had his moments of being nice. But has a soft spot for his family, and told me that he would protect me and be there for me when no one was. Even if there are people there for me already that I would barely be let of his sight. He seems really protective of me, and I kinda like it. He knows when to much is to much and when too little is too little.

I can tell you one thing, I can't really describe uncle Finn and uncle Kol very well. Mainly all I can tell you is that they both have brown eyes, and brown hair. Not much to go on, but oh well I guess. I suck at descriptions, trust me.

Last but not least I guess is me. I have red hair that is down to my waist, and I have my dads eyes-brown. I mostly have my moms features than I do my dads. But another feature I share with my dad are my cheek bones.

I have no idea where I get my hair from, but I have it. Weird don't you think? I sure as hell think it is.

I really don't have an interesting life, but I only have one closest friend. Her name is Bella.. She is the only friend that I can trust with anything. All my other friends I'm not to sure about. It all depends on the subject.

"Coming! I just need to get a few things!" I yelled from my room upstairs. Nora's room is downstairs along with my non parents. Being adopted sucks. Trust me.

"What are you packing up the whole town? Hurry up!" she exclaimed annoyed, walking in my room without knocking. Even though she knows it pisses me off when she does that, she continued to do it anyway. Bitch.