33

33.|By the light of the moon

 I let out a deep sigh as I stood up from my bed after hearing a knock on the front door, I walked out of the room and bounded down the stairs and opened up the door

My stomach had dropped when I had saw who it was who was standing on my doorstep and I gulped down as I crossed my arms over my chest nervously.

"Serena? What are you doing here?" I asked and she sighed.

"I'm sorry" she blurted out and I opened up my mouth to say something but she cut me off "I am so sorry, Cassie, you are my best friend in the whole world and I've been acting like a Shit best Friend, after what happened to Ian, I didn't know what to say or how to be around you. It scared me" she said and I let out a deep sigh.

"I know you don't understand this because you were literally peeled off the side of the road with no memory of well.... anything, when the person you love the most dies in your arms it does something to you, I acted like I didn't want to talk to someone but really the only person I wanted to talk to was avoiding me" I spoke softly.

"Serena, I've there for all your crap, all the little voices in your head, why couldn't you just be there for me." I said and my voice had cracked.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry." She cried as tears streamed down her face and I let out a deep sigh.

"Did you know? Since you seem to be the one know who's knows whenever someone is going to die, I'm gonna ask you and I want the truth, did you know?" I asked and she gulped down.

"I knew when it was too late to do anything about it. I mean I knew that something was happening with you, I didn't know it was him until I heard your scream" She told me and I let out a sigh as I ran a hand through my long curly hair.

"I believe you. After everything we've been through, I believe you" I told her and relief washes over her face and I quickly pull her into a well needed hug.

"Oh, did you hear? Tyler triggered his werewolf curse." I said after I pulled away from her and she smiled before giggling.

"Oh, yeah, Caroline has been helping him out." She told me
and I tilted my head to the side.

"Caroline? I thought they hated each other." I hummed.

"A lot of things have changed. Oh, like Matt totally wants to get back together with Caroline but he now thinks that she's moved on with Tyler." Serena said and my eyes had widened.

"Oh my god." I spoke up.

"It's not too soon to be talking about this isn't it?" She asked as I sat down on the couch.

"No. No. This is perfect. Everyone has been walking on eggshells around me, even Damon. It sucks, I just want to get back to normal" I sighed and Serena simply nodded.