04

04.| family ties

"Scum ball, scum bucket" Jenna said as she narrowed her eyes at the tv and I felt myself chuckling at her

"Who are you talking to?" Elena asked as she walked into the room.

"Him" Jenna said gesturing over to the guy on the tv.

"The news guy?" Elena asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Also known as Logan scum fell" I spoke I know his history with aunt Jenna, that was one of the many things we talked about the other night during the comet while everyone else was out and aunt Jenna had our little movie night like we used to.

"Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from mystic falls?" Aunt Jenna asked as she looked away from the tv and glanced at Elena.

"Oh, no way! You hand him?" Elena laughed before she looked at tv "he's cute"

"He is not cute, there is nothing cute about him" Jenna cringed before shutting off the tv as Elena sat down at the table and I took a bite out of my apple, I still hadn't gotten dressed for the day.

"What are you doing with that?" Jenna asked.

"Eating it" I said and looking up and that's when I realized she was asking Elena about the ring Elena had in her hands.

"I went yesterday and got it form the safe deposit box, mom had told Mrs, Lockwood that she would loan it to the founders council for the heritage display" Elena stated and I sighed

"Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Aunt Jenna asked as Jeremy walked into the room.

"Originally it was great great grandma Mary's wedding ring" Elena stated

"That's enough learning for one day" I fake smiled before pulling my hair up into a tight ponytail.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth, you know, like on eBay?" Jeremy asked and my head snapped towards him an scowl appearing on my lips.

"You're not gonna find up" I snapped as I snatched the ring out of his hands and handed it back to Elena and just then my phone started ringing and I looked around and sighed before declining the call.

"Was that Tyler again?" Elena asked and I just nodded.

"You think he'd stop trying to call after the first twenty times" I spoke.

"That stuff is mom and dads you can't just give it away" Jeremy snapped.

"I'm not giving it away, it's called a loan Jeremy" Elena rolled her eyes.

"What happened with you and Tyler?" Jenna asked me and I let out a sigh.

"We was being a total dick and he hurt my feelings, I guess" I mumbled.