01

01.| pilot

Today is the start of a new life for me, at least I think

Today is the start of a new life for me, at least I think... I'm back home after being gone for four months and Elena, Jenna, and Jeremy all seem to be happy I'm back but I'm just not sure about everyone else yet.

I haven't talked to anyone since I left, well besides Jeremy, Elena, and my aunt Jenna but that's only because I'm living with them again. When I left mystic falls everyone was blowing up my phone and trying to call me like crazy—including my best friend Tyler Lock wood— but I didn't answer.

I know that's selfish but I couldn't deal with the fact that my parents were dead and I just needed to get away and forget about everything— the original plan was to leave only for a week but the longer I stayed gone the more I realized how hard it became to come back go back to my old life.

So I didn't

But now I'm back and I have no clue how everyone's going to react but I don't think I'll care after everything's that happened to me, I don't care what people think about me.

I slowly crawled out of my bed and stripped from my clothes before sliding on some black skinny jeans, a black top, a grey scarf, black socks, and my black boots.

I slowly brushed out my long brown hair as I walked over to my dresser just then I stopped brushing my hair when I found a picture of me and my twin sister, Elena.

I dropped my brush on the floor as my eyes flickered towards a picture of me, Elena, Jeremy, and mom and dad and I felt my heart ache in pain as I looked at the smiles on our faces

Finally my eyes flickered to the last picture and I felt my heart shatter as I looked at it; it was a picture of me and my parents both of them hugging me tightly, my dad looked as if he was laughing, and my mom was kissing my cheek as I laughed.

I slowly let out a shaky breath as I blinked away the tears and pushed down the need to cry, almost like I had swallowed a big dry pill.

"It's a new Day" I spoke softly as I stared at my reflection in the mirror and applied eyeliner and mascara to my eyes and light pink lip gloss to my lips "it's a new day" and with that I walked out of my room and downstairs and into the kitchen.