20

20.| Blood brothers

 "It's so hard to see him locked up like this

"It's so hard to see him locked up like this." Elena said as she came back into the living room where Damon and I were sitting.

"You're the one who looked him up." I reminded her with a fake smile and she glared at me.

"You helped." Elena said

"Technically I helped." Damon said and I lightly smiled at him. "But I couldn't have him running around chewing on people, while the town was out looking for vampires, now could I?"

"It had nothing to do with you actually caring about him?" Elena asked looking towards Damon.

"Your thing, not mine." Damon told her and I rolled my eyes.

•••

Elena and I walked into the living room in the Salvatore boarding house only to see the device that Jonathan had invented in Damon's hands and I walked over to him.

"Did you ever figure out what it is?" I asked him curiously.

"Nope, whatever it is, it doesn't work." Damon said and I sighed.

"Pearl didn't say anything else about it?" Elena asked Damon
and I had pulled my hair up into
a high ponytail.

"She thought she was stealing his vampire compass but that was a pocket watch. That Jonathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist." Damon said turning towards both Elena and I "have either of you spoken to your uncle lately?"

"Uh. No. If you haven't noticed I can't stand the guy." I scoffed.

"Yeah. I've been avoiding him that and I've been here most nights." Elena confessed and I rolled my eyes at her.

"So, you'll be here again tonight?" Damon asked her.

"Is that a problem?"

I felt the need to say yes but Damon had already beat me to it. "Yes. You're a complete nuisance"

"Haha. See you later." Elena rolled her eyes.

•••