23

23.| The Return

"What? Oh my god

"What? Oh my god." I said into the phone as I sat on me bed and I was running my fingers through my long black curly hair.

Apparently after everything that happened with me, Serena, Stefan, Elena, Bonnie, and Damon tonight matt, Caroline, and Tyler had gotten into a car accident, matt and Tyler were fine but now they had been telling matt that Caroline is in critical condition and that she might not make through the night.

"I'm on my way. I'll be there as soon as I can." I said before I hung up the phone and I let out a sigh as I had slipped on my Sneakers.

I couldn't believe how this day has turned out so far, so many terrible things had happened tonight but I still can't help but smile, because I kissed Damon Salvatore.

"Jeremy? Cassie? Are you up?" Elena called out as I walked out of my room and I furrowed my brows as I walked down the stairs. Elena had seemed different. I don't exactly know why, she just seemed happier, More like herself, it was like the girl who had walked in on Damon and I kissing was just a completely other person but I didn't question it.

I smiled as I walked down the stairs but I frowned when I heard a groaning sound coming from the kitchen and Elena and i's heads had snapped towards the kitchen.

A thud had soon followed and I felt my heart rate increase as I bit my lip harshly "What the hell was that?" I breathed out and Elena just shrugged her shoulders.

"I have no idea." She said as she two of us had slowly made our way towards the kitchen. I stop in my tracks when I see John on the kitchen floor bleeding badly and I quickly rushed over to him as Elena had soon followed.

"John. John. Oh my god. What happened." I began cry and panic as I tried to locate the source of where the blood was coming from. I know I just threatened John tonight but he's my family and I don't want him to die. I may not like him very much but that doesn't that I want him to just die.

"Cassie?" He asked me as Elena quickly grabbed the phone and
she had dialed nine-one-one.

"Hi, I... i an ambulance to 2104 maple street." I heard Elena say into the phone a I anxiously tried to find where John had got hurt.

"Oh my god, oh my god, where is it? Tell me where it is." I cried as I stared up at John and he had said something but I couldn't hear him.

"What?" I asked him

"Behind you" he said and I gasped as Elena and I shifted turned around but there was no one there

Elena quickly grabs the blood knife and we both stand off and walk off out of the kitchen, i saw something but I couldn't see who it was because they had sped off in a blur and they quickly ran into the house making me and Elena look at each other having the same scared expressions on our faces. Normally I would be able to deal with vampires but today has just been one emotional car wreck. Every time I think the day is looking up I just get dragged back down again.