Chapter Eighteen: Pancakes and Metaphors

~Brianna's P.O.V.~

Austin was giving me strange looks all day. It made me feel like I had a piece of spinach in my teeth or something. Which wasn't true. I hadn't eaten anything but McDonalds all day. 

Alex and I layed in his bed watching tv after Rob and Ao left. We had stayed inside all day, since it was raining out. Mainly playing video games. 

Alex looked away from the boob tube and at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Are you keeping a secret from me, Brianna?" 

"No," I lied. Could he tell I was lying? Omigosh. Now I was freaking out on the inside. 

"Don't lie to me." 

"What makes you think I am?" Steady breathing. If you can trick a therapist, you can trick a boy. 

"Austin told me you were." 

"Do you think I am?" 

"Yes and no?" 

I raised my eyebrow. I was definitly off the hook here. "I'm not." 

"I need to know." 

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to ask you something, but I need to know the honest truth about you before I do." 

No. No, no, no. 

"Uhm, Alex," I started. How the hell do you put a secret like this into words?

"What?" He looked hopeful. 

No, I can't do this to him. I might as well break up with him. 

"Nevermind." 

"There are no more 'nevermind' invitations here, Brianna." 

"I can't." 

"Why not?" 

"Because," I sighed. "I might as well break up with you if I were to tell you." 

"Brianna, I love you. I can handle this." 

"I don't think you can." 

"What? Have you had sex before or something? It can't be that bad." 

I gave him a look. It was that bad. 

"No, it's not that." 

"Then what the hell is it?" He demanded. 

I tried to get up, he pinned me down, rolling pretty much on top of me to do so.

"Alex," I wasn't going to cry, was I? 

"Please, Brianna? Please?" He was begging. "Please, just tell me. I want to know everything about you, and I can't do that if you're keeping secrets. It's the same as lying."

"Alex, just remember that it wasn't my fault." I stammered, finally deciding to give in.

~Alex P.O.V.~

No. I thought. I was laying in bed, looking at the ceiling. No, no, no.

Brianna. She wasn't- no, she was Perfect, wasn't she? Obviously not. The part that she did tell me was the real her. No. Nonono, I know the real her. 

Didn't I? She told me everything. Didn't she? No, it was only just now she told me, right? Or was that all a lie, too? 

No, who the hell would lie about something like that? 

Not Brianna. 

Why didn't she tell me? 

She was sleeping on the floor next to my bed. She had fallen asleep hours ago. I decided now was about the time I could move her without her waking up. I got up and she moved. Okay, maybe I was wrong.