Chapter Sixteen: Trying to Get Some

I sat on the bed and Brianna looked out the window. I looked at the wall that came out into the room, making the entrance like a hallway. I listened to the rain hit the window, listened to Brianna's breathing. She had stopped crying about an hour ago. It was already four. We were up for the day. 

"I think," Brianna looked at me. "I'm going to the gas station." 

"Why?" I asked. I got up. 

"I need a couple energy drinks." 

"No you don't. The only energy you need comes from sleep, babe." I loved energy drinks-Monster, Amp, Nos, but Brianna didn't need to be teasing me with them. 

"I'll buy you one." 

"No," 

She walked from the window, towards the door. I pushed her up against the wall I had been looking at. 

"I said I am." She gave me a look. 

"And I said you're not. Stay here. Forget energy drinks. Stay with me." I looked into her eyes seriously, hoping she would look back into them and agree. Hoping that she'd decide she wanted to stay with me.

"I don't want to." 

Ouch. "Why not?" 

"I'm just- Alex, you know Andrew was in an accident. I don't want to be stuck here waiting."

"He was barely scratched. A broken arm? He can live with that." I moved in to kiss her and she turned her head. "Babe,"

"Alex!" Austin said from the other side of the door. "Me and Ariel are going to McDonald's for breakfast." 

"You know what to get me." I called out. "Get Brianna something too." 

"'Kay." I heard Ariel say. Then they were stomping down the stairs. 

"I'm sorry. I'll stay." Brianna said. She looked away. What was wrong? Why wouldn't she just say?

"Tell me what's wrong." I turned her head, making her look at me. 

"Nothing." 

Of course. 

"Something is wrong." 

She shook her head as best as she could. It had to be hard with me holding her head still. I pushed her closer to the wall. I felt her heart rate increase. 

"Nothing is wrong, Alex." 

"Something is wrong." I repeated. "Tell me." 

She pushed my shoulders back, but guess what? I was stronger. "Alex, stop." 

"Why?" I asked. 

"Because," She had no reasons. She looked at my chest. 

I reached for her shirt, she smacked my hands away. 

"Awe, you have no reasons, though." I smirked. "You have no reason to leave, babe. Stay here and sleep. Or even better..." I reached for her shirt again.

"I said, no." She stated.

"Give me a reason." I said flatly, leaning in to kiss her neck. 

"How about, we are seventeen and we don't need to be doing this?" 

"Seventeen seems like a decent age," I said, kissing her.

"Your brother is in the hospital." 

"Yep, and my mom's with him. I think now would be perfect." 

"You have friends over." 

"And they just left." I set my hands on her shoulders. 

"They'll be back."