Happy Birthday! Canada

Singer!Reader x Singer!Canada. Gakuen AU.

July 1

You always thought of it like a challenge. You had to be the one to be the greatest and be discovered first though you never really set up a bet with him. He had no clue that this was going on through your mind.

But there's a certain thing that he keeps hidden from everybody else, too. You believe to be the only person to date that know about his talent. You just found him shaded under a large oak tree with his stuffed polar bear and words coming out of his mouth in an amazing melody.

That was when you gripped your hands tightly and glared at him with jealousy. But then you paused. Instead of feeling that jealously, you promised yourself that you would get even better than him.

The two of you weren't that well known. Actually no one knew you at all, you guys just float around. You noticed him because of that, and he noticed you for the same thing.

Let me tell you the part that will get you annoyed:

You didn't know that the other wanted to talk but couldn't get the courage to.

From Matthew's side of the story, you were his motivation, too. He wanted to feel confident enough to sing in front of you and tell you how much he likes you. Tell you how beautiful you are to him.

You always secretly agreed with yourself that he was a cutie.

-.-.-.-.-

Why is everything I write with 'lil Mattie turning out to be this cliche fluff?!?!?!

Please forgive me!