Happy Birthday! Russia

Dec. 30

You couldn't wait till Russia came back home from going out with his sisters. His present from them, you didn't want to know. But what you did know was that special surprise that you had for him would make him more happy than the usual vodka and sunflowers. It took you a month to prepare it, including spending whole days doing it, and you were confident to say you'd almost want it back from him.

You almost couldn't contain your excitement when you heard the front door open and Russia enter the house. You ran up to him smiling wide and his tired-freaked out expression turned to curiosity.

"What do you have that is so exciting, [Name]?" he blinked.

"Your present~!" you grabbed his hand and pulled him towards his first present. Handing him the vodka and sunflowers he expected to get you held up your index finger in a '1 more' kind of way. "But you have to be blind folded until you get there, 'kay?"

"[Name], you already got me this present and you being here makes me more happy. Why do you need to give me another gift?" Russia questioned.

"Just 'cause," you said. Getting out a blindfold out of the back of your pocket, you wrapped it around his eyes and led him to a room. The room was one that was hardly ever used and he gave it to you for whatever purpose. So you made use of it and giving it back in a way. You opened the door and stopped him in the middle of the room and took off his blind fold.

What he saw around him, all painted on the walls, was a big sunflower field in a warm place with the people he cared about. The side wall had himself painted holding some flowers and his two sisters along with you and the Baltic Trio around him. It looked like a nice, inviting place; everybody smiling. Russia stood there looking at everything and you twiddled your fingers behind him waiting for another reaction. Then he turned around and pulled you into a strong hug.

"спасибо, [Name]."

You never got tired seeing this part of Russia. This misjudged and cute country. There's so much more to him, that's why you promised to stay by his side.