Happy Birthday! Latvia

I got inspiration for this by the opening of my mom's photographing business! :D

Latvia - November 18

Snap.

Snap.

Snap.

You took pictures of the scenery around you. The time was beautiful as it was mid autumn. Snap. Another picture you took at random. Grinning you looked down at the digital screen of your camera and a person, frozen in their motion, caught your eye. Quickly scanning the area to find the boy you let out an awkward squeak as you located him. Picking up your camera bag, you rushed over to the boy with the light brown hair.

"Excuse me!" you called but then realized you had nothing else to say, "oh, sorry for calling you so unexpectedly."

"O-oh, n-no its fine. Is there something y-you need?" he bashfully looked at you with blue eyes.

"Ah! Not really... I just took a picture catching you in it and I guess I had to meet you, haha. My name is [Name] [Last Name]," you smiled and stuck out your hand to shake.

"M-my name is Raivis Galante," the boy, now Raivis, hesitantly shook your hand.

"So, what are you out here today?" you tried starting a conversation.

"I'm out for m-my b-birthday. Ivan was k-kind enough today to let me go out," Raivis said.

"Happy birthday then! Are you doing anything special?" you asked. He shook his head. You frowned and tried to think up of something. Isn't everybody supposed to celebrate their birthday in some way?

"Okay, I am taking you out for ice cream," you declared.

"Ice cream? I-isn't it getting too cold for that?" he said surprised by your offer.

"Who cares? You can always have ice cream anytime," you urged him in the direction of the ice cream parlor.

"A-alright," the Latvian boy stuttered.

Your time in the shop was great. Each of you got your favorite type and sat down at a booth. Random topics came up and laughing filled you with joy. Raivis grew comfortable speaking around you and slowly didn't stutter as much. Only when you brought up the subject of who his care taker was, was when he freaked out in a mass of jumbling.

"Why have we never met before?" The grin on your face never faltered.

"I-I don't know. But its been a wonderful time being with you," he shyly smiled with you.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" you teased.

"What? N-no, I didn't-"

"Haha, its okay. Hey, next time you get free time we should hang out again," you said and got up gathering your stuff. Once you got everything in place you handed Raivis a paper with your info on it.

"Sure!" he said delighted. You winked and pecked him in forehead before you waved and opened the glass door.

"That better be a promise!" You let go of the door and he watched in awe as you walked down the windy street. Looks like he got himself a new friend.