Chapter Seven

••••

"Hey have any of you guys ever hear of Detroit?" Data asked, reading a newspaper.

"No"

"Yes"

The boys gave me a stare "what? My aunt lives there" I shrugged, and sat down next to Data.

annd, Mouth did the same,

"It's got the highest murder rate in the country." Mouth says, "well, let me tell you something.. that's where we're moving when we lose our house tomorrow" Data looks at me and Mouth. "hey. I can visit you sometime Data, I'm probably gonna move back to Detroit also." I said.

"won't you guys shut up about that? It'll never happen, My dad will fix it!" Mikey points his finger at us three.

"Yeah, sure he will. If he gets his next four hundred paycheques by tomorrow afternoon" Brand tells Mikey as he flips himself upside down on the workout thing,

"That's wrong brand, it won't happen!"

"Mikey.. you do realize that if you try to glue it back on it'll stick on?" I asked sarcastically, the blue eyed boy stared at me with a glare. "go look for glue then." He replied, I shrugged "sure, Mouth come with me" I said, "Mouths fine here" Mikey said as he kept trying to fix the part.

damn man what crawled up your peephole?

"geez okay." I walked to the kitchen area, opening a drawer filled with a ton of stuff.

•••

After 10 minutes, I heard a woman walk in,

Mrs Walsh..

I put everything back into place and walked out of the kitchen.

"Uh.. Oh hi mom!" Mikey and Chunk hid the broken statue behind their backs.

"Hi Mrs Walsh" I waved, "Oh hello June, hello boys... I can see data dropped by" Mrs Walsh said, referring to the broken screen door,

I held in my laugh, "Boys, and June.. this is Rosalita, she will be helping me with the packing at least until my arm is better." Irene introduced the lady on her right,

"Hola" Me and Mouth said in unison.

"Uh, boys.. June, Rosalita doesn't speak a word of English, and I know some of you had taken Spanish in school." She took off her scarf and held up a book.

"Mrs Walsh.. I speak perfect Spanish, and if it's any help to you, I'd be glad to communicate with Rosalita." Mouth smiled

Oh that little shit.

"He's lying" I mumbled under my breath, but unfortunately mouth heard me, "Shut up toolbrain" Mouth whispered,

I chuckled.

"You're a life saver Clarke, come with us will you?" Mrs Walsh asked Mouth,

I rolled my eyes for the fifth or fourth time this day.

"Mikey no more potato chips, I've told you this many times before." Mrs Walsh said as Mikey puts another chip in his mouth.

Irene walked into the other room with Rosalita and Mouth,

Chunk started talking gibberish, "what?!" Mikey asked "I said.. do you think your mom is gonna notice?"

"I wonder if she'll notice" Mikey ruffled his hair "that's what I said!" says chunk, his mouth was full of chips.

"Well of course she'll notice, she notices everything" Mikey pulled out his inhaler, "did you find the glue then June?" Mikey asked "No.. couldn't." I replied "Then how the hell are we gonna put it back into place??"

"I don't know okay? I'm not a scientist, I can't always figure stuff out for you, you idiot" I walked back into the kitchen

"Where you going?" Mikey yelled "I'm looking for the glue! Now shut up and try find the perfect spot!"

oh my god that sounded gross,

I laughed at myself for what I finally understood.

•••

"Find it yet?" A voice asked, I looked back and saw Mikey. "no" I said and faced back to the drawer.

"try look in the other one." Mikey said "why don't you?" I asked,

If he wants to be a little bit rude I can too

"Because I'm trying to handle everything. So excuse me for telling you to do one thing" Mikey leaned onto the side of the wall. I looked up and gave Mikey a stare.

I opened the other drawer and found the glue, I tossed it over to Mikey "there's your glue." I said and walked out of the kitchen.

•••

After the boys were trying to glue it back on, "how about that?" Chuck asked us, I looked at the statue and the part was upside down.

I started laughing "You idiot, you glued it upside down!" Mikey smacked Chunks arm.

"Chunk, If god made you that way you'd be pissing in your face" Brand growls, Mikey laughed at his comment and so did the rest.. well except for Chunk.

••••