Twentynine

PLAY THE SONG WHEN I TELL YA.

So today would is the day of Ethan's lethal injection. I wasn't going to go , I couldn't feel the pain of seeing Ethan's dead body , again. Sort of. But Grayson is making me go , he's making me live through hell.

Once we arrived at the place , grayson's face was beaming with joy. I hated him , I hate him so fucking , I went to punch him but he caught my fist in the process. He pushed me down on the cold plastic chairs and gave me the death stare , he pointed to fingers and his eyes then at me.

The room was empty , other than me and Grayson. My breathing became heavy and shaky , Grayson looked up from his phone due to the sudden change in my breathing , a smirk grew in his face as a very shaky , sad looking Ethan walked into the room , you couldn't see his face , his head was hung over low and his shoulders slumped. His orange jumpsuit was crinkled and dirty. His eyes red and puffy.

PLAY THE MUSIC
They forced him into the chair , he wasn't reluctant , he didn't put up a fight , he knew he had no chance, the armed guards where in every corner of the room. They buckled his arms and legs to the chair , the chair was leant back so now Ethan was laying down. It was like a horror version of the dentist, the doctor walked in. He examined the table , he rolled up Ethan's sleeve just above his bicep. His lips trembling , tears now falling freely , he looked at me. He mouthed "I love you" I couldn't even move , I couldn't open my mouth , I forgot how to breath how to do anything.

The doctor picked up a thin needle , he put the yellowish liquid into the needle , he went to put in into his arm but I ran and banged on the thick glass window. The doctor hesitated and all eyes where now on me. "Any last words" Said the doctor in a frustrated tone , he had no feeling , no sympathy, Ethan doesn't deserve this , your just as bad as The rest of them , your killing them, your setting them free , your committing the same crime they did.

I am zoomed out of my thoughts by a raspy voice on the speaker phone. My head hangs low and look at my feet my leg shaking. "P...Paige , look at me." Says ethan , I look up and see happiness in his eyes. Why is he happy , why is he being selfish. Why.

"I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused you , I'm sorry for breaking your heart into a million pieces , but please forgive me." His eyes lock with mine as his pleading eyes search my face for an answer. I take a deep breath. I speak into the speaker. "I ......I forgive you." I finally breath out.

He smiles and gives me a reassuring look, "I't will be okay " he says , no it won't. How is it going to be okay , I'm not going to be okay , what am I going to do , I'm not going to be able to close my eyes without seeing the haunted memories of Ethan , I'm not going to be able to live. But I need to accept that this is the future , this is what needs to happen.

"I love you" I say and I close the microphone for the last time. "I love you too" He says , a high pitch tune was heard and the clang of the microphone being chucked on the desk. I frown before walking away , I can't watch this happen I need to leave , my converse squeak as I quickly turn around. But I'm held in place. Warm air echoes through my neck , "where the fuck do you think your going , the show is just starting." Says grayson holding the back of my neck in position so I'm facing Ethan.

I close my eyes but he shakes my head in anger. "Open your god damn eyes" he says , fear washes over me. I see the needle becoming dangerously close to Ethan's arm , before it's finally sinked into his arm , the needle is pushed down and the liquid surges through his delicate body. He looks in shock for a moment , before his eyes look at me and his eye lids slam shut for the final time.

Grayson's tight grasp let's go of me and I sink to the floor , the curtains closed like it was the end of a play. A heart wrenching, despairing, sorrowful play....