Old Friendship

Here is a new chapter. These next few chapters will fill you all in what Ella has been doing since the end of season 5. They won't exactly follow the timeline of the show because I need more time for things to develop. You will be in for a shock in this last portion of this series. Hold on tight because the Ella you thought you knew may not be the one that you see.

After Bart's disastrous coming back from the dead party. Chuck and I haven't spoken and neither has the rest of my friends. Dan is busy dealing with going to Rome without Blair and Serena are feeling sorry for herself and decided to take some time away from the city. I know I should be worried about everyone's well-being but I've spent so many years making sure that everyone else was alright and forgot to take care of myself. I need to focus on me for a change before I go about fixing and taking care of others who ultimately destroy themselves. Bart wanted to meet early to discuss our partnership deal and to clarify any concerns I have or what I would like to change. This meeting is the beginning of my future and no one can stand in the way.

"Ella, thank you, for coming so early. I wanted Bass Industries lawyer to be present as we discuss our partnership."

"Hell, and of course I understand."

"Let's begin shall we." The lawyer listed off the rights and responsibilities I had as a partner which includes having 47% stake in the company and having the right to hire and start projects on my own. Everything he was saying was good all up until the moment he spoke about Chuck. "I understand you and Charles are siblings but for the companies best interest Mr. Bass and I think it would be wise that you don't speak to him about the company in any shape or form."

"Chuck is family and I know he is upset about being left out. If this is what is needed I will keep my conversations with him strictly personal. That is when I decide to speak to him."

"I know you and Chuck are used to being close, but I believe this opportunity will allow you to grow. Chuck always kept you from reaching your full potential because he feared it overshadowed his lack of success." Bart is being exceptionally harsh but he always reminded us that he is a businessman first and a father last.

"If this is what you would like as your partner I will accept. As long as you hear my proposal." Bart motions for me to continue. "I would like the opportunity to take over Bass Industries international. I have made most of my connections on the other side of the world and I am confident I will bring our profit margins to record highs." Bart nods at me and stands to meet me and I stand with him.

"I think we have ourselves a deal." We shake hands and proceed to sign our names to the contract to make things official. "You won't regret this Ella. Your life is just beginning."

"When do I leave for Europe?" I ask hoping that it would be soon. I need to get away from the city and the problems that always seem to find me.

"If you would like we could fly out tomorrow?"

"We?" I feared he didn't trust me and was going to treat me like a child when I know I'm capable of more.

"Yes Lily and I are in need of a vacation and I was going to surprise her with renewing our vows."

"That's amazing. You two deserve a second chance at love."

"Ella, Lily and I would be just joining you on the fight and after we make our destinations you're on your own. I trust you and I know you're capable of keeping up your end of the bargain."

"I won't let our company down."

"That's what I like to hear from a partner." Bart and I shake on it and head our separate ways.