Forgive But Never Forget

Sorry for the long wait in-between chapters. Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. I love hearing from each and every one of you. Like I've mentioned before I am planing to rewrite separate books for different outcomes for Ella. So stay tuned for those books after Redemption is completed.

"So, let me get this straight after all your fighting with Alessandra and your publishers you've finally decided to write a sequel to Inside?" I'm currently lounging on Humphrey's coach as Dan ferociously types away on barely looking up at me as I talk to him.

"I'm giving the people what they want and I've finally found my inspiration for a sequel."

"Thanks by the way for kissing Blair." I state sarcastically. "It has literally been ice cold living with Serena and Blair as roommates since that disastrous party." I let out a huff of air as I lean my head back on the couch.

"Which, you never fully explained what went down that night. And how come I didn't' see you?" Dan stops writing to look at me and he can see the hurt still in my eyes.

"Honestly, Dan I have no idea what happened that night. All I know is Nate put our relationship on the backburner for some cater waitress he barely knows. And I don't have a flipping clue why."

"I still can't believe he didn't tell you about the party and..."

"The party isn't what bothers me."

"Oh, then what bothers you?" I sit up and look at Dan.

"It's the fact that I was absent from the party for hours and he never once called to see if I was coming. Dan, it was like he didn't care if I was there or not. I gave up a safe and loving relationship for Nate. I wanted to experience true love in its purest form, but in just a few months my heart has been broken more than it ever has."

"Have you talked to him since the party?"

"Nate's called a few times and left voicemails saying he's sorry and that we need to talk this out. I haven't been avoiding him, I just..."

"You don't want to end up heartbroken again." I nod and Dan comes over and brings me into a hug. "Hey, whatever happens, I'll be here for you. If I can support Blair through her horrific marriage I can help you through Nate's stupidity." I laugh like I have laughed before. Dan always knows how to cheer me up and spending the past few days in Brooklyn has really helped me clear my head.

"Thanks again for letting me crash in Jenny's old room. Your place is close to my recent shoots and it's been nice to get out of the Upper East Side."

"Hey, what are best friends for? If you can't crash on their place once and while then you need better friends. Plus, you've been monumental in helping me edit parts of my book. I always forget how amazing you are as a writer."

"Your work didn't need that much editing, just a few word changes here and there." Dan heads back to finish the last sentence of his proposal and jumps out of his seat.

"Come on we're going to get some real food and not the takeout we've been indulging in for the past few days."

"Lead the way, Humphrey."

__________________________________
Dan took us to one of the best 24-hour diners I've ever been too and I couldn't help but order the giant cinnamon roll to go. I couldn't force it down after my huge omelet, pancakes and hash browns but I can fit it in for an afternoon snack.

"Seriously how do you eat all of this and still stay in model shape?" Dan asks as we enter the loft.

"Lots and lots of tears in the gym Humphrey." We enter the loft just as someone throws a jacket down on some boxes. We look up to see Rufus on a ladder.