Moving Forward

Season six is one of my favorites to write and I can't wait for you all to read what I have planed. Thank you, once again for all the kind and welcomed feedback. I love hearing from each and every one of you guys.

Running into Nate at David and David's wedding was one of the most awkward moments of my life. I never wanted him to find out about Carter and me this way. Hell, I didn't want to see any of my friends just yet. I had no idea Serena was dating Steven until I saw her at the party. I did all of the planning from overseas and had Fiona fly in early to oversee things. It surprised me when she introduced herself to me and Carter as Sabrina, I didn't blow her over only because she must have a good reason to hide from her life to use an alias from Dan's book. Carter was too busy making sure his friends were okay to even care. I knew Nate would be upset and I know it's going to take him some time to get over the fact that I'm with Carter and not him. I can only hope that we will eventually become friends again.

"Good morning beautiful." Carter kisses my cheek as he joins me for breakfast. I had to wake up early to get to class. This is my last semester at Columbia and I need to finish strong.

"Good morning to you too, but I think we already said that."

"Which time, in bed or when you joined me in the shower." Carter bites into his apple while giving me a suggestive look.

"Both, easily both. There are no bad mornings when sex is your wakeup call."

"I can agree with you there. What are your plans for today?"  Carter flips through the newspaper checking out the stocks and future investment ventures.

"I have class until eleven and then I have a meeting from one to three. I need to head to a fitting at four and then after six I'm free to do whatever you want."

"I like the sound of that. I'll let you know how my business meeting goes and if I need to reschedule our dinner."

"No worries, I've done it to you a few times. Besides just keep your calendar clear for cotillion. I'm head of the committee and I even got Glamour magazine to allow me to edit their upcoming issue on high society life and the evolvement of cotillion fashion."

"And I'm sure you will do amazing. I have a meeting with Steven to discuss taking his business international."

"Serena's Steven?"

"Yep, he and I talked at the wedding and he was impressed with what I've done and wanted to meet to talk his options."

"That's amazing babe. He won't regret working with you."

"Speaking of regret did you feel any after seeing Nate." I knew he was going to ask this sooner or later, and sooner is now.

"I didn't regret seeing him, I just wish he could have found out a different way. How I ended things with him left him believing that we had a chance in the future."

"And is that what you want? Do you want to be with Nate?'

"No, I left Nate for a reason and I found myself falling back in love with you for a reason. I'm with you because I love you with all my heart. Nate has been part of my life for as long as I can remember."

"I just want you to know that I see the way he looks at you. You may say you're over him and love me, but he's still in love with you."

"I've been in the situation where Nate loved me when I wasn't in love with him. I know where I stand and that's all that matters." Carter comes over and bends down to kiss me. I find that I lose myself in his kisses and that puts me over the moon.

"I'll call you." Carter leaves soon after and I'm left enjoying the early morning before I need to face the day. The calm before the storm.

__________________________________
Nate's POV