Getting Real

Thank you for all of the amazing feedback. I love hearing from you. Stay tuned for an amazing chapter.

Making up with Chuck was something I didn't think would happen for a long time. I thought this fight would keep us apart for a year at least. Chuck even said that he hated me during this time. No matter how much he's pissed me off I've never hated him. Not once. Knowing that by me agreeing to partner with Bart made Chuck hate me hurt me to my core. I've never wanted to hurt my brother so much for him to hate me. I thought our relationship was strong enough to withstand any tension or fights we may have. I almost lost my brother for a good portion of my life and I never want to have that happen again. Life is too short to not speak or hate someone that you love. I'm not saying I'll give up my position in Bass Industries, but I will make more of an effort to make Chuck feel loved and wanted by me. I never want him to feel that I chose Bart over him. If anything, I chose to take control of my life and make a difference in it. It had nothing to do with Bart. Bart is a small factor in all of this. I care too much about my brother to let a fight keep us apart.

I didn't even make it out of my car before I see Chuck standing outside my apartment. One I had no idea he even knew where I lived. He walks towards me with a serious expression on his face.

"Hello, Chuck. What are you doing here?"

"I need to ask you something important." I nod my head and lead him up to my apartment.

"Uh, would you like anything to drink or..."

"What do you know about Bart's relationship with Iman's father?"

"Nothing other than what they said today to each other. Why?"

"I need to know Ella. How close are you to our father?"

"Well, besides having weekly meetings with him to discuss the company and how I'm doing as his partner. Not much. We don't talk that much outside of business and..."

"What do you not about Bart and Iman's father's business deals?"

"Uh, are you talking about him purchasing all of the horses?"

"So, you do know about this."

"Know about what?"

"Don't lie to me, Ella. What are you hiding?"

"Nothing! Calm the hell down. As his partner, I looked through the books and all I found was a file that had the purchase of Iman's father's horses and that was all it said. It showed the transaction."

"And do you know what he did with the horses?"

"Why do you care so much about these damn horses? What are you really wanting to ask me?"

"What do you know about Sudan?"

"I know as a U.S. company they are one of the few countries that have an embargo on."

"An embargo?"

"Yes, meaning we are banned from all trade deals with Sudan. Why are you asking about that?"

"Because Iman and her father are Sudanese nationals. Bart bought their horses but there is no trace of where they went."

"So, what did he do with them?"

"It's not what he did with them that's the issue."

"Then what's the issue?"

"Iman told me her father was in the oil business and..."

"You think Bart illegally bought oil from her father and tried to cover it up with purchasing his horses instead?"

"That's what I'm going with."