Rekindling of Lost Love

I hope you all enjoy these chapters about Ella and Carter. I want more behind their relationship than what was in the first book. Please enjoy this new chapter.

I've kept to my word and I didn't rush into things with Carter. Well not right away. He is quite the charmer and ever the flirt. He made sure to come to all of my shows for Milan fashion week and even accompanied me to some events. All of my fashion friends approved of him and even said he was quite the catch. They mentioned that they haven't seen me smile the way I have in a long time. Most of all I love who I am when I'm with Carter. I'm the Ella I've always wanted to be. I'm free to make my own decisions but still, have the support of those who love me most. Bart even wanted to meet up in Paris after one of my shows to have dinner with us. I was nervous since Carter and I haven't officially said what we are. We're on that borderline of being more than friends but I'm scared to move on so quickly from Nate. I need to enjoy being single and still being in the company of someone who makes me happy. We don't have to be dating for our relationship to mean something to me. Bart wants to meet up mostly for business and Lily misses me and wants to catch up. She and Bart have been vacationing most of the summer in the Hamptons alone to make up for lost time. I've missed seeing her too, she was more of a mother than I could ever ask for. If I ever needed anything she was always there. Sure I don't agree with how she handled everything with Ivy but who am I to say how she should have acted after CeCe died.

__________________________________
"Is your dad going to grill me with twenty questions?" Carter asks from his spot on the couch in my room as I continue to get ready. Guys have it so easy. They just need to shower and shave before putting on a nice shirt and pants. Girls have to make sure that everything matches or goes together before deciding if the outfit is appropriate for the occasion.

"No, I'm sure he just wants to say hi. He did like you the first time I introduced you to him. He just wants to make sure everything is going okay on my end."

"So, he doesn't know about us?"

"What is there to know?" I smooth out my hair as I turn to face Carter.

"That's what I would like to know. Ella, everyone thinks we are good together and thinks we've been dating all these months. What is keeping you from taking the next step?"

"I'm just not ready to be in another romantic relationship. I have very few friends in the world and these past months you have been nothing but a blessing in my life. You've made me happier than I've been in a long time. I just don't want to give that up for a possible failed relationship."

"Hey, I understand you're fear. But avoiding what you may feel is not the way to go. So, if you feel something more for me you need to tell me and not keep it bottled in."

"What if I'll never feel that way for you?"

"Then I'll continue to bring light and happiness to your life. Nothing has to change." Carter kisses my cheek and helps me up as we head to the car to meet Bart and Lily.

__________________________________
"Carter, Ella, it's so great to see the two of you." Lily welcomes us with open arms. She kisses our cheeks and Bart gives Carter a firm shake before moving to give me a light hug. "Your show was amazing Ella. I've never seen such beautiful fashion all in one room my whole life. And you were stunning closing the show."

"Thank you, Lily, I'm happy you two could make it."

"We wouldn't miss it. Our scheduled aligned and it was perfect. And now we can enjoy this wonderful meal with the two of you. How have you been Carter the last I heard about you, it was when..."