What Do We Do Now?

Sorry for leaving you all with that cliffhanger. There will be more drama and tears to come. Hold on tight the ending of this trilogy is going to be a rollercoaster.

"Congratulations on the pregnancy." I feel my heart stop and all I can see is Bart smirking at me. Carter has dropped my hand wondering how he can process this bombshell. Serena and Dan decided that this was the moment they should head back to the room. Everyone is lost for words and most of all they are thinking is what Bart said is true.

"What?" Is all Carter can muster looking dumbfounded at Bart.

"Oh, did you not know?"

"Better question is how do you know?" I ask looking pissed that he's choosing this information to get back at me for not siding with him.

"You didn't think that I stopped keeping tabs on you, I have to make sure you're okay after the year you've had. I had to make sure you were safe."

"So, it's true? You're pregnant." Carter looks at me and I nod my head.

"Yes, Eloise should be about 6 and a half weeks if I'm not mistaken." Bart is pleased with himself that he was able to break the news to everyone. It takes the attention off him and on me.

"How long have you known?" Carter asks.

"Earlier this week. I was going to tell you tonight after this dinner before this bastard decided to ruin it!" I'm standing up at this point pointing my finger at Bart who is amused by the whole thing. "Does this make you happy being such an ass? I understand your wife may be upset with you because she is finally realizing how much of a vindictive liar and a killer you are, but you have no right to mess with my life!"

"Watch your tone, Ella. You do not know who you are dealing with!"

"Is that a threat? Just like you threatened the two men you killed! Screw you, Bart!" Bart smirks knowing his work is done. I gave him exactly what he wanted. A reaction to my pregnancy and me admitting to him that I don't like him signaling that I was never on his side.

"I see I have disrupted dinner. I'm going to see myself out. Enjoy the rest of you right." Bart leaves and it feels like a weight is lifted off my shoulders.

"Okay, besides how that ass handled things can I just say it." We all turn to face Blair.  "Congratulations Ella!" Serena and Blair bring me into a group hug. All three of us crying with joy. "I'm going to be an aunt to one of the most beautiful babies in the world!"

"I can't wait to meet this bundle of joy." Serena is hysterically crying now."  I detach myself from them and head over to Chuck.

"I'm so happy for you sister. I know you are going to make an amazing mother." He kisses my temple repeatedly. I see Carter is still lost for words I thank everyone and head over to him. Everyone else can't stop talking about the baby and I needed this time to make sure Carter is processing everything.

__________________________________
I take us upstairs to one of the spare rooms so we can talk this through. "That is not how I wanted you to find out." I open the conversation with an apology.

"How did you want me to find out?" Carter seems a little on edge and I can understand. Finding out about having a baby should be a special occasion between the parents, not one where an ass ruins it for everyone.

"I wanted us to be alone at the cabin enjoying being with each other and...whatever I wanted I never wanted Bart to drop this bomb on you like that! I wanted one thing in my life to not be affected by him. I wanted you and me to know before anyone else so we can cherish this moment." Carter sits down next to me and lets out a deep breath.