Who's Your Mother?

For season six I'm going to edit how long everyone's been away from one another. I need it to make Ella's story fit into the time line. Enjoy another chapter.

Chuck decided he needed space and ventured off to his room on his side of the penthouse. Nate was unsure how to handle this situation after being let back into the apartment. He knew Chuck and I needed time to process everything, but right now I just need him. In times like this, I've found baking the best remedy and so far, it hasn't let me down. Nate is being helpful but honestly, he should stay out of the kitchen.

"Um, babe. I know tonight was a rough night and all, but how many cakes and other desserts do you really need to bake?" Nate asks as he places my third cake tin on the counter as I place a try of brownies into the oven.

"I think this second batch of blueberry muffins should do the trick. And I can't ice or decorate the cakes until they cool so I can save that for tomorrow."

"Babe, talk to me." I bite my lip not knowing what to say to him.

"Do you want chocolate or vanilla icing for..."

"Ella, I don't mean the cakes. Please talk to me. I know what happened tonight had to be a lot for you to handle. Please, I'm here for you and I love you." Nate pleads as he moves to stand next to me. He takes my baking utensils out of my hands.

"Out of anyone in the world Diana has to be my mother."

"I know it seems unfortunate..."

"Unfortunate? Nate, she slept with you knowing that she was my mother and that we were friends! She never once cared about Chuck and me and..."

"But what about the blood thing?"

"Yes, let's talk about the blood donation. When were you going to tell me that Chuck and you were considering that night and who gave us a blood transfusion?" Nate scratches the back of his head knowing he's in the wrong.

"Chuck just wanted to be sure on something. He saw something related to that night and he's was just considering it. That's all. Nothing else."

"Do you still have feelings for Diana" I change subject to what I'm really worried about. I know I was hesitant about Lola but now I'm terrified of Diana and what it can mean for Nate and me.

"Why would you ask such a..."

"Nate, please just answer it." I have tears in my eyes know thinking about his answer and how it could crush me.

"What Diana and I had was nothing more than sex. Sure, we had a laugh here and there, but we never went anywhere outside the bedroom and well the office." My head whipped around so quick it practically scared Nate.

"Your office?" The look of terror on his face shows it all.

"I uh..."

"You had sex with Diana in the same freaking office that we've had sex in!!!" Nate holds his hands out in surrender.

"Hey, Ella. We did it a couple of times and it was nothing compared to the love and passion we have for each other..."

"Did you keep the same bed after you stopped seeing her to the time we got together?" Nate's face said it all. "You son of a bitch! I am having that damn bed replaced and any sheets that whore may have touched burnt to a crisp. Damnit! Damnit!" I am beyond pissed and disgusted that my so-called mother and I had sex with the same guy in the same places.

"Ella, I will help with all of this. I will make sure anything she touched is gone and..."

"Nathaniel, I know you can work on no sleep but some of us need our beauty rest." Chuck says emerging from his room in full set of silk P.Js. He saunters back to his room and I'm still left to wonder what else my mother and I share.