fifteen

ding ding ding

Margaret patiently waited for one of the sailors to pop out from the back room, her eyes narrowed down towards the register. Her cheeks filled with air continuing to wait, she furrowed her eyebrows. The line grew, filled with young girls, "watch and learn" she over heard making Margaret turn to find Erica Sinclair. Margaret turned her head back towards the window, distorted and blurry she saw figures moving.

"You gotta pound on the bell, Margaret" Erica took the bell ringing it like a champion, she never bothered to stop. Margaret grew worry, but turned to notice mike and lucas being chased by will. She turned her head not seeing the slider open so she walked over towards them.

"Mike, Lucas-" she found them turned around and in a ball of stress. "What's a matter?" She questioned.

"Is this about max? I already told you max will always-"

"No." Mike shook his head "it's about el. I want to get her something but-"

"We've been running around the mall for hours! They still haven't found a single thing." Will complained, Margaret looked over at the bored kid with a smile before placing her hand on his head and shaking his hair. As her head turned back to the boys she rested her hand on his cheek before squeezing it. "Ow!" He winced.

"I'll help you out- just- have you seen Steve? Or robin?"

"Who?" The boys turned their head, "did you check their work? They are working."

Margaret followed the boys while lucas began talking about the things he does when max gets mad at him. The four were upstairs, Margaret peeked down at the parlor to see the girls were gone. She continued with the boys hunt till their burned out and gave up. "How much do you have? Maybe we could swing by the diner and get her something-"

"I-I wanna get her something special."

"Okay," Margaret nodded rethinking what she would want if Steve made her mad, "oh! When Steve would get on my last nerve he would bring some ice cream and a movie from family video."

"But-"

"What did you do? That made her mad"

"It was Hopper! He made me lie about my- my nana and didn't tell me he said everything was okay so now I-"

"Why don't you tell her the truth?" Will began to chuckle before glancing at Mike, "that's what I said" he sang before rolling his eyes in a different direction. Margaret raised her eyebrows staring at the frustrated kid, his eyes squinting before turning to will. He opened his mouth to say something but instead shoved him, "shut up!"

"Hey! Okay!" As the boys shoved each other causing parents to eye the four Margaret stood between them. "Okay. I understand you're upset but don't get angry when will is trying to help. Lets go by the jewelry store and I'll help you out with a necklace-"

"Forget it." Mike shook his head, the stubborn boy began walking towards the escalator with his head down. The three followed him while he continued his way out of the mall. "Mike" Margaret called, he stomped his way out while teens and parents watched him throw a tantrum over Margaret attempting to talk to him. Mike poured his frustrations out towards Margaret as lucas and will causally watched behind them.

"It's always that piece of shit hopper! He always ruins my time with El. If it wasn't for him I would probably be with her right now!"

"If it wasn't for him, you'd probably still be hoping she's alive. Mike, you're too harsh on Hopper. Okay, sometimes, he could be- inflexible- but most of the time he makes up for it. You need to think on the bright side, you have the boys with you right now, why don't you hang out with them? You know, have a boys night!" Mike shook his head glancing at will while will laughed with Lucas.