two.

"Lets get sheet faced!" Robin giggled at Tina Anderson's flyer, "How stupid."

The two exited the classroom last, robin began rambling on about a story the time she actually got shitfaced. "Hey!" Margaret yelled at the boys taking off the plastic spider rings hanging from the cotton. "Leave the stuff alone, you guys. After halloween you'll be able to do whatever with the decorations, just keep it up for a week, please."

The jocks stopped their mess and continued walking, she went and fixed the tugged cotton then made their way back to the main hallway. Robin continued another story about her first party. She never kept the silence, robin was one with many stories and was the best at telling them. They shared laughs while she exposed Paul Renner for his crazy drunk dive in the dumpster. Till the two finally caught their breaths they turned to find steve and nancy, the one who caused the attention when he picked her up unexpectedly.

Their smiles faded as the couple kissed, marg turned her head and continued digging into her locker for distraction. She hid behind the door, keeping her sadness away from robin. "Do you miss him?" She questioned, it pained Margaret everytime robin mentioned Steve. It was not intentional, robin didn't realize how devastated he left her.

Margaret took a deep silent sigh and closed her locker, "no..not really" she lied covering it up with a small smile. She missed him dearly, his lips and warm hugs. How he would drag her places he wanted to go in the beginning of the relationship. She believed he used to love her, as much as he loved Nancy. It just irritated her, what did Nancy have that she didn't? Nancy was just...nancy.

She found herself hopelessly comparing herself to her old best friend, why did he love her so much?

"After school do you wanna go hunting for some costumes?" Robin snapped Margaret out of her emotions.

"Uh, yeah, I'll ask Jonathan." She turned to find him third wheeling with Steve and Nancy. Robin rolled her eyes, "I'll ask him after school" she couldn't keep her eyes off Steve. It's been so long since she actually stared at him, it never felt so good. He was her worst habit.

"Why don't you ask him right now? I mean hes right there."

"Yeah but-"

"Steve?" Robin questioned silently "marg it's been a year, how long are you gonna keep your distance? It's not like he has a restraining order on you. You won't be talking to him anyway, you'll ask Jonathan and then leave. Plus, he probably won't even see you there."

"Thank you, Robin" she sarcastically smiled before taking a deep breath. She nodded before taking off to her locker, marg walked over to Jonathan.

"Jonathan," the three looked over at Hawkins president "robin and I were planning on going costume shopping, I was hoping you'd join us." She felt their stare as jonathan nodded.

"Uh yeah, I'll join," he replied "Hey, I was gonna inform you- I got a call from Hawkins News," he grabbed her arm before continuing with his story.

"They wanted to me to do them a story" his eyebrows jumped.

"Jonathan, that's great!" Nancy beat her to it, the two glanced over at her. Marg couldn't help but to make eye contact with steve for a second before looking back at Jonathan. She clutched onto her books tighter than before while her eyes traveled to their feet.