eight.

The night creeped up faster than they expected. Dustin met up with his friends and sat in position. Margaret leaned against the walls of the old bus and stared at Steve while he played with his lighter. Dustin continued to pace through thinking of scenarios in what could happen. None were thrilling.

"So, you really fought one of these things before?" Steve looked in the red heads direction while she asked him a question. He slowly nodded, she changed position and continued "and you're like totally 100% sure it wasn't a bear?" Her question annoyed the boys.

"Shit okay don't be an idiot, it wasn't a bear." Dustin turned and rolled his eyes.

"Dustin."

"What?"

"There was no reason for that." Margaret shook her head regarding to his rude outburst.

"Why are you even here if you don't believe us? Just go home." She walked up onto the top of the bus as Margaret sighed. She felt bad for the girl.

"That's good" steve complimented. "Just show her you don't care."

"That was not. Dustin, apologize. I know it isn't a good moment but its never okay to treat a girl that way, or anyone." Margaret shook her head.

Dustin groaned hearing a earful from his babysitter, "I don't." She got up glanced up to see if they were alright on top. "Why are you winking Steve? Stop." Margaret turned to the boys.

"I thought you were giving him advice on how to get a girl not lose a girl." Steve mumbled mocking Margaret before she didn't the same as well but mocked his mocking. After minutes went by Margaret went back to sitting in her old spot.

"So, does it only come out at midnight or something?" There it was. A roar, an echoed one that shook all of them to the core. Steve got up and rushed at the window, they all looked. Margaret got up pushing steve out of the way, her eyes roamed attempting to find what this thing Dustin called a demogorgan.

The mist blinded them, but they could hear it. The stomp of something much heavier than a slug and stronger than a cat. "I don't like this" Margaret glanced at Dustin.

"Neither did we, guess you're just gonna have to live through it."

"You're no help" Margaret scoffed.

"Yeah well, you're not either."

She gulped still trying to see the creature. As they all questioned what to do next Steve stopped from hovering over the terrified woman. Steve grabbed the bat and let out a deep breath, "I'm going out."

Margaret chuckled, "yeah, so am I." She turned to Steve who prepared himself.

"You're not-"

"He is."

"Steve are you insane!" She high whispered, walking over in front of him "you could die. Don't you get that?"

"Yeah, I know."

"You step foot out this van, we're never letting you back in." She threatened. He raised his brows and shrugged walking right past her. Max got down from the top and stood close to Margaret. As dustin opened the door Steve jumped out giving Dustin the opportunity to close it up again.