thirteen.

* ·° 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧 °· *

Steve and Dustin sat in Steve's car outside the Snowball. "Alright here we are" the two looked inside the gym as Steve parked his car. "Remember once you get in there"

"Pretend like I don't care" dustin breathed out making Steve nod "yup. You don't care?"

"I don't care." Dustin shook his worries off. "There you go you're learning, my friend, you're learning." Steve turned to dustin and watched as he shrugged. Steve waited for dustin to gain his confidence till he saw him move the rearview mirror staring at his hair.

"Hey," Steve grabbed it "what?" Dustin worrying about his looks as Steve shook his head "You look great. Okay? You look-you look great. Okay. Now you're gonna go in there,"

"Yup" dustin nodded.

"Look like a million bucks!"

"Yeah" steve hyped up the kid.  "And you're gonna slay 'em dead."

"Like a lion" dustin referenced and began to growl. Steve raised his brows slightly while fighting his urge to cringe. "Yeah" he trailed "don't do that okay?"

Dustin's puppy eyes stared into Steve's as he nodded "okay" he softly replied. Steve took out his hand waiting for Dustin to grab it, the two shook hands which made dustin grow his nervousness once again. Dustin got out of Steve's car as Steve watched, his eyes on the kid he's hung out for a month now. His eyes soon trailed onto Nancy, her dazzling smile as she handed and poured kids punch for their thirst.

Steve found himself dazing and rolled his eyes letting out a small sigh in small hatred. Putting his hands back on the wheel he was startled by a bang on his window. He looked over and scoffed, he grabbed the handle and began twirling it for the window to go down. "What brings you here?" He smirked.

"Well, after babysitting Mr. Sinclair for the evening, I dropped him off with his buds to enjoy some rockin' tunes." Margaret smiled an embarrassing laugh after saying what she said. He found himself smiling at the light of his dreams.

"What about you, Harrington."

"Dropped off dustin" he looked back at the gym seeing he was no longer at the entrance.

"Thought was a small Steve Harrington getting out of your car" she nodded, the two began to chuckle. "Where you off to?" He asked.

"Well, after crossing out all my list of kids I needed to take care of and by the sound of silence and laughs I take there's no more demogorgans to kill, I might just find my way back home." Steve smiled.

"Do you think if it's not too late, you mind babysitting one last tough one?" She blushed bringing herself close to his face. "I don't know, for how long" she giggled.

"However long it takes for your parents to kick me out" his lips pecked hers.

"So two minutes?" She joked. He put his hand on her check before pecking her lips again, his eyes locked into hers before finding the comfort to speak again.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Steve Harrington."

-

After saving their city of Hawkins, the kids went back to their normal lives. Margaret attended school even with her broken nose. As embarrassing as it was, her parents grounded her for nearly life but her turning 18 in a couple month's. Her parents planned on moving but there was no point in doing so since Hawkins was cheaper than the areas she applied for.

Margaret and Steve were both on what felt like probation. He couldn't see her after dark and when he saw her it wasn't too long, she continued her baby sitting job a week after her eventful day with Steve and the kids. Of course, it was hard for her to make money taking care of different kids after rumors went around of how she ended up with a broken nose. Many surrounded around Billy Hargrove since he had a busted up face as well. Once Steve came to school it was clear something happened between the three.

Margaret's parents threatened to file charges against Billy but Margaret being herself, told them to simply avoid it. After Max's threat towards billy, he chose to avoid their group anyway and carried on with his life. For Thanksgiving, Margaret and Steve were invited to dustin's morning breakfast where his mother got to know the couple who looked out for him. She hesitated to trust them, till this day she still isn't too sure, but she takes the confidence from dustin since he talks so much about them.

Margaret invited Steve over for thanksgiving, he came with a housewarming present for the family which satisfied them. After finally getting to know who the real Steve Harrington was.

Margaret and him confessed they were officially a couple. It became awkward when her father asked if it was long term, especially when their past relationship had gone on for two years. "Dad," Margaret annoyingly whined before sipping apple cider out of her glass champagne cup. Steve let go of her hand and continued picking at his food before her mom spoke. "If you're happy margaret, then so are we." She made the two look up as her parents smiled, giving steve a nod from mark it was clear he was given a second chance.

It was because of how sneaky Margaret actually was that made her mother accept their relationship, she knew if they didn't let them see each other, they'd be like Romeo and Juliet. It technically was, on some nights steve snuck into her house and hung out with her after sun down. When school came around, he began helping out with the school as well and attended every meeting for Margaret's sake. He couldn't get enough of her, it's what feared him as well since they were both confident she was going out of state for schooling after graduation. He made every minute last with her and she saw his improvement.

Margaret and Robin only hung out occasionally after the two got in an argument while robin got drunk at a band friends party. Robin was completely shitwasted and got a lot on her mind that day when she called Margaret to tell her she loved her. Margaret was in disbelief since she hadn't known her best friend was lesbian. She had taken the news different than robin hoped but it was lucky robin figured their distance was because of Steve. After a week, Margaret called robin over for a sleepover and talked about her confession.

The two continued to stay closest friends, if not close it was definitely suffocating after Margaret accepted robin. Since then, robin kept her sexuality out of any conversations and so did Margaret. The two would talk about models and when the girls would go out, Margaret would try to get robin to find someone for her.

When Steve wasn't with Margaret, he was with dustin. The two hung out almost anywhere. As the days came closer to Christmas, Dustin helped find Margaret's gift. The two talked about girls and Steve helped him get dates with women in the city. Hawkins was small and hopeless, but when news came around saying a new mall was opening up in the summer, their hopes got higher.

Steve went around looking for jobs but couldn't get one for the life of him. For a month or two, Mark would pay him to clean up their front lawn and he would do that often to see Margaret after sun down. For Christmas, her parents made an exception and let her join the harrington's for dinner. After they went to Dustin's to drop of his present and capture memories for later.

The Wheeler's threw a party on New Years in which their group all attended. Everyone gathered around the TV as the traditional ball drop in times square happened every end of the year. The kids all in front cheering and smiling while the couples all counted down. "3! 2!" Steve looked over at Margaret who ran to grab the small confetti poppers "one! Happy New Years!" She threw the box towards the boys, with lucas gripping onto the end they all grabbed one and popped them. As the families hugged and rejoiced for another year to live, Margaret was picked up by Steve in excitement.

"Happy New Year Mar" he smiled at her before they ended the night with a new years kiss.

(୨୧ᵕ̤ᴗᵕ̤)

I'm kinda....soft.
It's not the end !!! I repeat its not the end. We're going into season 3 of stranger things so ladies, this is where everything ties up. <3