Chapter 24: The Heart That Notice

A/n Hey guys, I am sorry for the huge delay. Hopefully you all like the chapter. One or two more chapters to go for the big surprise. lol. I am sure you all like it.

Please vote and comment.

Enjoy!

Chapter 24: The Heart that Notice

Holly’s Pov

“So wait, you are going to the dance with Austin?” Kate blurt out when I delivered the news the next morning while we sit down outside the cafeteria in a bench enjoying our French toast with syrup for breakfast.

“Yeah.” I said nodding my head.

“Aw, what about Blake?” Cassie asked in sad tone which was very rare since she was always so cheerful and full of life.

“I don’t know.” I said as I remember texting him this morning telling him that I was going to school early with Kate and Cassie instead of him driving me today to school. “I think he is going with Courtney.”

“Ew.” Cassie burst out in with a disgusted expression on her face. “That’s too bad I thought you and I could have a double date at the dance. You know, Jay and I and you and Blake.”

I smile happily as I thought about that. Dancing with Blake under the stars then I force the thought fade away and shook my head. It was never going to happen.

“Do you really think that’s true, though?” Kate asked out of nowhere for the first time as she stare at Cassie and I with a thoughtful expression as she drink her orange juice from the carton.

“What?” Cassie asked confused.

“About Courtney and Blake going to the dance?”

I raise an eyebrow in curiosity. “Don’t you?”

“No.” She said with a smile as she put her juice down and stare right at me. “It’s Courtney, Holly.” she added after a brief short silence. “Courtney thinks that Blake should be hers and no one else because they are both alike. They both use people for sex. The fact that Blake is turning over a new leaf ever since he heard about the baby you two are having together is pissing her off.”

Was that really true? I couldn’t help but think as soon as Kate said it. But then again, nothing has been the same ever since Blake found out about the baby. His life completely change. He was suddenly not the same guy anymore. He was different.

“What makes you think of that?”

Kate sigh then said, “Because it’s Courtney and she loves to ruin the lives of girls that Blake has an affair with.”

“That’s too bad. No wonder she has no life.” Cassie said in a pity tone.

I wanted to ask how did Kate knew this? But I decided to let it go for the moment. I didn’t want to think about Courtney and Blake and how everything change since I came into the picture.

“To be honest, I think that things change for the best, don’t you think?” Cassie burst out with a happy smile on her face as she started to blush innocently.

“Yeah.” I whisper to her with a smile then look away and glance around the patio. It was quiet even though there were students all around talking and laughing among others. I smile then my eyes landed on the figure that was walking toward this direction and froze. Blake. My heart started to beat out of control as I watch him stop in his tracks as his eyes met mine from the distance.

I watch him as his irresistible chocolate eyes trace over my figure then locked with mine once again, he nodded his head then smile warmly at me as he took the last few steps toward me.