Chapter 11: Getting too Close

A/N ok don't know if you guys will like this chapter but hopefully you do. So please let me know by voting and leaving a comment if you like.

Ps please check out Forever Entwined on RomanticTaleLover.

Enjoy.

Chapter 11: Getting too Close

Holly’s POV

“Is Mr. Player going to have lunch with us again?” Kate asked the following day as we sit down on our usual table outside of the cafeteria.

I looked up at her from my lunch which was a chicken salad, “Don’t know.”

“It’s fun when he sits with us. His friend is so funny.” Cassie said while opening her Hawaiian punch juice from the bottle.

“No he is not, he is an idiot.” Kate said rolling her eyes in annoyance at Cassie.

Cassie didn’t bother to argue with Kate anymore and just stood quiet. Then when she started to looked sideways her eyes light up like a Christmas tree.

“Hey Blake.” She said to his upcoming figure while waving at him.

“Hey Cassie.” Blake said as he stop on the empty spot next to mine and sit down along with Jay and some other guy.

“How are you?”

“I’m fine, thanks.” Blake said in a friendly tone with a smile and added, “How about you?”

“I’m fine too.” She answered cheerfully.

“Awesome.” He said then turned back to me and handed me a apple.

“What this?” I said while looking at him as I hold the fruit on my hand.

“A fruit.”

“I know what it is, Blake.”

He grins at that then added kind of shy for some reason, “Mom says pregnant women should eat a fruit at least either once or twice a day. So I bought you an apple.”

Somehow that touched me and made me smile, “Thanks.”

“You welcome.”

After a few seconds of silence Kate burst out, “Playing the good guy, huh Mr. Player?” she asked while looking at him with an expression that clearly said that she wasn’t buying anything that he was up to.

Blake shifted his gaze from me to her, “I don’t have to bother you with an answer. Now do I?”

“Nope, because I know just what kind of guy you are.” She said then stands up and walked away with her lunch tray.

“Kate, wait.” I said following her as soon as I was near she turned to face me. “Please don’t leave.”

“Why not?”

“Because you are my friend and I need you.” I said honestly.

At that she shook her head while breathing out, “Fine. I’ll stay for you. Not him. You know he is just messing with you, right.” she said then pointed at the apple.

“It just an apple, Kate.” I said while waving her the fruit that I was still holding.

“You said apple, I said bribe.” She said then sight.

Then as we walked back toward the table she took a hold of my arm and turned me around, “I know you think that I am been mean. But I just want to look out for you. Just be careful. Don’t fall for him.” she said and pointed behind me. I turned to looked at a girl walking toward Blake, she tap him on the shoulder and he smile as he turn himself around to face her.