Chapter 20: Hitchhiker

Jasmine's POV

I have walked all night and I am exhausted. I don't know why I didn't stop to rest, but it was like once I got started I couldn't stop. My legs are tired and sore, and the cuts and bruises all over my body are stinging. I shuffle off the road, into the ditch, and sit down. In the ditch I use my newfound way of relieving myself to numb the pain and bring me satisfaction, the blade. It's useful for what it does, but I wish it could bring me home at the same time...

"Come here, Jasmine."

I walk over to my mom and give her a hug.

"You don't have to worry. I will always be here for you and I will always protect you..."

I smile at the memory, then start to cry. I miss Mom so much. I wonder what's going on with her. No doubt, she's worried, maybe even to the point of breaking down. Or... what if they took her too?! If this is the case I want nothing more than for her to break free. The police will find me. But, a lost child is a more primary case for police than a lost woman. I hope she's alright.

Demi's POV

I wake up in a dark bedroom. The loud party music has faded and it sounds much more distant than before.

"Hi," I hear a man's voice say.

"Who is this?" I ask, just as I realize who the voice belongs to. "James?"

"Yes, it's me. Please don't freak out. I promise, I had no idea that Will was going to take you and I'm so sorry for taking your daughter," James explains.

"I don't believe you! Now where is my daughter?!" I yell at him. How dare he claim himself to be innocent of this!

"I don't know where your daughter is, honestly," he says.

"Then get Will to tell me! Seriously, either you bring me my daughter right now or let me go!"

"Will doesn't know either. We let her go after she fulfilled our request."

"What request?! What did you make her do?!" I scream in his face.

"Not saying. I'm not the bad guy here; I wanted to see my daughter but you took away all rights and there was no other way."

"Can you at least let me go?" I plead.

-----------

There are only a few chapters left, but there will be a prequel and sequel coming soon! Hope you like this chapter!

-IAmALovatic4Life