Chapter 6: Heart Attack

Jasmine's POV

   The car suddenly stops causing me to fall forward in my seat. The door is opened and I am pulled out onto a hard cement something. I have no idea where I am. We weren't in the car for a super long time but we definitely weren't really close to where we were before. I am dragged across the cement and sat down. Slowly the blindfold comes off. I am sitting inside a dark, old-looking building. It smells musty and almost like how an old-timey museum would smell. I look up to see two men and almost immediately recognize one...

James' POV

   As soon as we take her, I almost feel guilty, like, maybe I'd caused Demi enough trouble while we were dating, but it just wasn't enough according to my buddy, Will. It was his idea for us to sneak alcohol across the boarder the first time; his ideas always get us arrested. Or so it seems...

   Anyway, what the world doesn't know is that the girl we took is my daughter, not Wilmer's. It always frustrated me how easy it was for Demi to just ignore me and act like I'd never even been in her life. I'd tried texting her after I got out of prison, but she completely ignored me. She never let me see my daughter either. So, Will's idea was to kidnap my daughter so that I could meet her and get revenge on Demi at the same time, and I have to admit, it is kind of genius...

Jasmine's POV

   It was him! James! He was my kidnapper! Mom was right; of course if he'd never even come to see me he would be a bad person in real life. What kind of father would do something like that?!

   He looks into my eyes and says, "You look a lot like your mom."

   Well, duh, I'm her daughter, I want to yell, instead I just say, "Thanks?"

   He looks down on me, like I'm some sort of lower class creature, like how someone would look at a mosquito, "So, do you know who I am?" He asks slyly.

   I shrug, then add, "Are you James?" My voice shakes.

   He nods, a small smile filling his face, "And this is Will. I'm your father if you didn't know. I never liked your mom for leaving me out of your life, how would you like to live with me for a while, learn what it's like to have a father?"

   There's something to his voice that scares me, but I just can't place my finger in it.

   "If you don't come with us," he adds, "You're going down there..." he points through a broken floorboard to a dark pit below.

   "I'll come..." I whisper, scared, but trying to hide it.

   "Good," he hisses, like a snake, one ready to swallow me in one big bite. 

-------------