Chapter 12: All Night Long

Jasmine's POV

    At 11 pm James tells me it's time to go into the store. I am extremely nervous and definitely not ready. But, I take the backpack he's holding out to me, put it on my back, and tighten the straps so it won't fall off. I take a step out of the car and walk down the street a ways before turning into a dark lane. The window to the store is open a tiny crack, just like James had said. I grabbed the piece of wood from my pocket and used it to prop the window open just enough for me to squeeze inside. Once I'm inside the store, I know what to do. I walk through the middle aisle to the large door which leads to the storage room. I try the knob, it's unlocked. I smile, this will make my job a lot easier. I open the heavy door and step inside. I see a shelf labelled beer and walk over to it. Then, I take the backpack off my back and open it up. Inside there are compartments for 5 bottles which I fill, then close the backpack. I walk back to the door of the storage room and turn the knob. I then open the door, walk through the store, and sneak out the window. The alleyway is dark, but empty as I walk back to the street. I see the car and run towards it. James opens the door to the passenger seat and I get inside. He smiles as he sees me take the 5 bottles out of the backpack, then return for another round. 

   After 3 rounds to the the store and back, I am exhausted, but I cannot stop now. Time for round 4. I walk back down the too familiar alleyway and to the window. It is shut; no what will I do now?! I try to open the window but it isn't working. 

   "What's wrong, little girl, locked out?" 

   I turn around to see a tall man with a beard and tattered clothes who wreaks of alcohol and cigarette smoke behind me. 

   "I will help you," he continues, "If you get me 2 bottles of vodka."

   I nod, terrified. The man smirks and uses a special thing to open the window, then I climb inside. After I fill the backpack with the fourth round of beer, I grab two bottles of vodka from a nearby shelf, then I leave the store. I hand the bottles to the man through the window then climb out myself. I turn to find the man and ask what he plans to do with the alcohol, but he has disappeared into the dark corners of the alley. So, I go back to the car and give James the fourth round of beer, "one more round," he whispers to me.

   I nod and leave the car. Inside the store, I grab the final load of beer, fill the backpack, and return to the car. I open the passenger door and immediately feel hands grab me.

   "Get down," whispers a voice, "The cops are coming."

   I immediately take it to be James and crouch down on the floor next to him. The cops pass the car and 10-ish minutes later, we sit up again. James grabs the 5 remaining bottles and opens the passenger door again, "Go," he says, "you are free."

   I step outside the car to realize that I have no idea where I am, then I turn around and James is gone... 

----------

Hey guys! I've been so bored all day and have worked tons on this story, so I decided to do another spontaneous upload, don't get too used to these! Thanks for the support on my story and I hope you enjoy the update!
-IAmALovatic4Life