Chapter 10: Stone Cold

Jasmine's POV

   I wake up in the old bed again, in so much agonizing pain that it feels like I've been run over by a truck. My head is heavy and my body is stiff, covered in blood. I hear a knock on the door and hide under the blanket, scared. I hear someone walk in...

James' POV

   I walk into my daughter's bedroom at 9 the next morning, ready to teach her the plan and get her trained and ready. All I see is a lump under the blanket, but I know it's her. I pull the covers off her face and jump back a little. Her face is covered in blood, her hair is tangled, her eyes are red, probably from crying, and her face has a large bruise on it. Maybe Will knows what happened? I call Will into the room and ask him. He says that he has no idea what happened but I see right through him. I'm almost 100% sure that it has something to do with this nightclub that he turned our basement into. Those drunks are always punching someone, maybe he placed a bet or something? Anyway, these men need some self control, she's 11 for goodness sake! 

   I shake the girl until she wakes up, "Come," I tell her, "I'll help you get cleaned up." She follows me into the bathroom and I clean her up so she looks presentable. Then I lead her into the kitchen and sit her on one if the barstools. I place the paper in front of her, "This is the plan," I say, "follow it and listen to me. Then we'll let you go..."

Jasmine's POV

   James places a paper in front of me after sitting me on a barstool, then says, "This is the plan, follow it and listen to me. Then we'll let you go."

   Good, a way to escape. I look at the plan. He wants me to steal alcohol from a store, carry it through an alley, and bring it into the basement of this house. So that's how those men get their alcohol, through stealing! I don't want to follow through with this, but I know that if I do, they'll let me go, probably half dead, but it will be worth it, I hope.

   "When?" I ask.

   "The plan follows through tonight. We let you go as soon as you complete the task, no matter how late it is," he replies.

   I nod and sign the line on the bottom of the page.

   "Go to your room. I'll pick you up when it's time," James orders before leading me up to the room and locking me in.

   I'm not looking forward to this...