Chapter 17: For You

Demi's POV

   I am missing Jasmine more than ever now that Wilmer's at work. I can't wait until he gets back. I'm so scared that something is going to trigger me and I'm going to relapse. I just need to hold up until Wilmer comes back. He's always known what to do when I feel like relapsing. I start to cry as I look out the window, wondering where Jasmine is. She could be anywhere in this city, even outside it, but the cops said that they are on it. I am about to reach for my phone when I hear three knocks on the door. I walk over to it and open it without thinking, bad idea. I immediately recognize the face but can't do anything before a blindfold is placed over my face and I am dragged outside and into a car; is this what happened to Jasmine? I feel myself move as the car starts to drive, why do bad things always have to happen to me?

Wilmer's POV

   I am so excited when work is finally over! I hurry back to the hotel and walk up to Demi's room. I step inside; she isn't there. Her phone is sitting on the bedside table and the TV is turned on. If she left, she didn't leave for long, I tell myself. But, 30 minutes later, I realize the possibility of her being taken. If her daughter was taken they must have wanted Demi too. I take my phone out of my pocket and dial 911. 

After the police leave, I lay in the bed, tired. They said that they would try to find her alongside Jasmine, but that this has so far been a hard case to crack and they still don't have a lead on Jasmine's part of the case. I'm so worried. I just reunited with Demi and now she's gone! It wasn't supposed to turn out like this...