Chapter 8: Gonna Get Caught

Jasmine's POV

   The car door is opened again and I am dragged out. I am brought up stairs and the light coming through my blindfold gets noticeably brighter. The blindfold is taken off once again and I see that I am sitting in a room that has a bed and dresser. It's very small and doesn't look very kept up, but I don't say anything.

   "Here's you room," James says in a monotone voice, "You will be living here for a while..."

   I look around and notice that the window is boarded up from the outside. I guess they want to keep me in here.

   Will looks at me, "Yeah, we're not telling you how long either. That's up to your behavior and when we decide we want you out."

   "Yes," James adds, "Now go to sleep and see you tomorrow."

   "Wait," Will stops in midstep. He walks up to me and searches my pockets. He pulls out a $5 bill and a mini notepad, "Seriously, did you not have a phone with you?"

   I shake my head, "It was with my mom," I lie cleverly. 

   "Okay, then, now we can go." The two men walk out of the room leaving me behind. The door closes and I can hear it being locked from the outside. Guess I'll be in here for a while...

   Once I am sure that they are completely gone, I take my phone out of its hiding place. A tight, thick rubber band around my calf holds it in place while my knee-high boots keep the strap hidden. This was my mom's idea since people always either lose their phones or have them stolen, this way, I don't have either happen to me. Once I turn on my phone, I check to see if I have service. The only service I do have is extremely weak and probably won't be helping me much but I'm going to keep my phone in case the signal gets stronger. I look at the time and see that it's only 6:40 pm. Why did they tell me to go to sleep? So they could wake me up early? Who cares I'm exhausted. And who knows, maybe this is just one big nightmare? I fall asleep thinking of Mom and wishing that this would all end...