Chapter 23: World of Chances

Jasmine's POV

I wake up and feel the car driving on a bumpy road. I look up and realize that my mom is in the front seat! 

"Mom!" I exclaim excitedly.

"Jasmine! You're awake! I missed you so much!" she says, turning around, a huge smile on her face.

We sit happily in silence for the rest of the drive.

Demi's POV

The rest of the drive is silent, but there is a happy energy in the air. I'm finally reunited with my daughter! On the road I call Wilmer and the police to say that Jasmine was found.

Arriving at the hotel, I'm a little nervous. What if Jasmine doesn't like Wilmer? She grew up believing that he was her father; maybe she won't like him! No, she will; he's so nice and will totally love Jasmine as his own daughter. Unless, after New York we go our separate ways and don't see each other for another 10 years. That would suck.

I step into the hotel room holding Jasmine's hand tightly in mine.

"Hi!" I call out as I see Wilmer.

"Hi Demi!" He exclaims, "and this must be Jasmine! How old are you, 11 by now?"

Jasmine nods nervously, "hi," she mutters.

"Did you know I knew you when you were a baby?" he asks.

She shook her head, "Do you like Mom?" she asks.

"Of course, I like her," Wilmer says, "And if she agrees, I'd love to stay with her again." He looks at me with his amazing eyes.

"I'd love that," I smile.

Jasmine takes this as permission as she grabs Wilmer in a hug, "Can you be my dad instead of James?" she asks in a voice that makes my heart break.

Wilmer nods and returns the hug. I guess my life will turn out good after all...